Come on YBW - lets have a SMALL BOAT FORUM.

STATUE

Visit site
Come on YBW lets have one for us with the 26 footers and less, including the self maintainers.

All right, mostly us who started in the 70s/80s who thought of owning a 26 footer ridiculous !

D

Deleted member 36384

Curious to understand why the need? The "Self Maintainers" are served by PBO. I started sailing in late 70's / 80s and aspired to a Ruffian 23 or Albin Vega at 27'. I did my Competent Crew on an Ruffian 23. Not disagreeing by the way as I think there will be resurgence in small boat owning as my generation ages.

Lucy52

Visit site
There used to be a 'Small Boat,' magazine in the UK, which is no longer. There is now a US magazine with the same name which addresses the OP's area of interest, or Watercraft in the UK which serves a similar market.
Am I allowed to post that here.. :unsure:

WoodyP

Visit site
I always thought Refueler had many useful suggestions but was like a dog with a bone. He couldn't let it lie..Vide Reeves and Mortimer

Reactions: DJE

lustyd

Visit site
Is a 8 meter boat any different to my 10 meter one? Having owned both I shall answer the question. No.
Having just upgraded from 20' to 36' I wholeheartedly disagree. I went from no heads to a hot running shower. I went from a single ring camping stove to 4 gas rings, grill and oven with a fridge. Sleeping bag to "emperor" sized bed for which I can't buy large enough bedding. Kneeling to plenty of headroom. Too small for a dinghy to dinghy and outboard stored permanently at the bottom of a locker.
These experiences are not alike in any way at all. I don't regret the 10 happy years I spent on board Live Magic, but my problems are different now and I'd agree a small boat forum is helpful even just to discuss single ring recipes using ingredients that don't go off! By the same token I never used to worry about provisioning for a two week trip aboard or how to sail for 24 hours in shifts. I can even make a cup of tea while sailing now, for the first time since owning a yacht!