Cockpit lighting ?

Refueler

Visit site
While looking at swapping out the courtesy lights in the rear cargo space of my Range Rover to LED ... it occurred to me that same lights could be easily mounted to a boat cockpit .... the lights are flush and 12v .. low power consumption etc.
With a switch - ???

TBH - with the thin / flush profile - they could be useful in various areas of a boat ....

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...tqI12AB3&utparam-url=scene:search|query_from:

vas

Visit site
While looking at swapping out the courtesy lights in the rear cargo space of my Range Rover to LED ... it occurred to me that same lights could be easily mounted to a boat cockpit .... the lights are flush and 12v .. low power consumption etc.
With a switch - ???

TBH - with the thin / flush profile - they could be useful in various areas of a boat ....

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001131458592.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.33.371c3d5eDZDg0c&algo_pvid=623f467c-4be7-4418-b8c7-5ecb46297b43&algo_exp_id=623f467c-4be7-4418-b8c7-5ecb46297b43-16&pdp_npi=4@dis!EUR!11.67!10.74!!!12.41!11.42!@2101e64117058257754514087e1458!10000014716144889!sea!LV!2626309955!&curPageLogUid=mnFBtqI12AB3&utparam-url=scene:search|query_from:
would be nice if one could see the internals of these!
After experiencing a near fire situation on one of the first el cheapo led boards with a dozen or so surface leds stuck on a pcb together with a couple of resistors and capacitors, I'm not particularly keen on getting leds which I cannot open and check the pcb components. probably just me...

Refueler

Visit site
would be nice if one could see the internals of these!
After experiencing a near fire situation on one of the first el cheapo led boards with a dozen or so surface leds stuck on a pcb together with a couple of resistors and capacitors, I'm not particularly keen on getting leds which I cannot open and check the pcb components. probably just me...

Sams Motor on Youtube linked to the ones I put in first post ... his seem to have survived !!

rogerthebodger

Visit site
I fitted self adhesive LED strips inside the top of all my cupboards with a mini limit switch that operates the LED strip when the door is opened

I have also fitted the same type of LED strips under bookshelves to illuminate the shelves .This time with a push on push off switch

Refueler

Visit site
I fitted self adhesive LED strips inside the top of all my cupboards with a mini limit switch that operates the LED strip when the door is opened

I have also fitted the same type of LED strips under bookshelves to illuminate the shelves .This time with a push on push off switch

I have strips either side of cabin and one facing fwd into fore cabin ... about 10" long .. mounted by magnets inside strips ...

Have remote control - dimmer .. IR movement detection etc. Charge via USB ...

I would have in cockpit / transom locker as well - but the magnets are inside the light strip itself - meaning tearing the case apart ...

All the non magnetic ones I find need wiring in ...

wonkywinch

Visit site

Was thinking of doing this in my engine bay but would need a single switch as it has about 5 hatches.

Ammonite

Visit site
This type of light works well clipped to the sprayhood, boom, canopy frame etc
Vekkia 14 LED Rechargeable Book-Light for Reading at Night in Bed,Warm/White Reading Light with Clamp,180°Adjustable Mini Clip on Light,Lightweight Eye Care Book Light Perfect for Readers & Kids Amazon.co.uk