Visit site
I’m sorry that nobody seems inclined to answer. My own policy is

1 use a detergent, such as a hull cleaner
2 use something like Cif
3 use an oxalic acid based compound or Y10 for yellow stains
4 try anything solvent in desperation, even acetone
5 buy fender socks
6 buy new fenders.
I’m sure they sell something called fender cleaner but I’m too mean to fork out.

wonkywinch

Visit site
I agree with John Alison's first four steps, then I would go for Silky Caravan
I see in this month's PBO a picture of that stuff as part of their topic "cleaning fenders" but guess CIF would work. It used to be called JIF but the makers though it easily confused by a competitors product which was lemon juice in a lemon shaped, lemon sized and lemon coloured bottle.

Cream Cleaner Caravan and Motorhome Remove Dirt and grime

Skylark

Visit site
what is the best way of cleaning / restoring fenders?
I don’t believe that it’s possible to clean / restore a dirty (white) fender.

I take pride in keeping my boat clean but measured by my personal level of satisfaction, my fenders are dreadful.

There’s nothing on the Periodic Table of the Elements that I haven’t tried at one time or another.

Cleaning them as soon as they are marked or as a job on the list in preparation for launch, nothing works; Fairy Liquid, Jif, Acetone, Solutions with marine tax or Screwfix No Nonsense etc etc.

This topic is often raised and if ever there is a suggested alchemy that I’ve yet to try, I usually buy it. Much to my chagrin, I’ve yet to find anything that makes the slightest improvement to a grubby fender.

johnalison

Visit site
I see in this month's PBO a picture of that stuff as part of their topic "cleaning fenders" but guess CIF would work. It used to be called JIF but the makers though it easily confused by a competitors product which was lemon juice in a lemon shaped, lemon sized and lemon coloured bottle.

Cream Cleaner Caravan and Motorhome Remove Dirt and grime
I put a mental cedilla under the C in Cif and then I can pronounce it the Turkish way and still call it Jif.

Boathook

Visit site
Having scrubbed off the adherent green growth with detergent and allowed to dry, this stuff does a good job on engrained grime, such as the Hamble gets from Fawley refinery, see Everbuild PVCu Solvent Cleaner
Just ordered some to try.

I've found other the years other cleaners struggle with the engrained grime and was getting to the stage of purchasing new fenders.

Scubadoo

Visit site
I don’t believe that it’s possible to clean / restore a dirty (white) fender.

I take pride in keeping my boat clean but measured by my personal level of satisfaction, my fenders are dreadful.

There’s nothing on the Periodic Table of the Elements that I haven’t tried at one time or another.

Cleaning them as soon as they are marked or as a job on the list in preparation for launch, nothing works; Fairy Liquid, Jif, Acetone, Solutions with marine tax or Screwfix No Nonsense etc etc.

This topic is often raised and if ever there is a suggested alchemy that I’ve yet to try, I usually buy it. Much to my chagrin, I’ve yet to find anything that makes the slightest improvement to a grubby fender.
I have good results with using vistal.