"cheap" Sunseeker?

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site
I like those Pred 56's, but in fairness this isn't especially cheap, these have been asking about £200k for years now, and a quick look at yachtworld shows plenty that are a lot less than this.

Iirc MBY did a feature on used boats some years ago that included the Pred 56, and they liked it.

Trundlebug

Visit site
Seller says he'll post it to the UK.

Pity the poor Postie who has to fit that in his Transit and squeeze it through the letter box - or more likely throw it over the gate

BruceK

Visit site
And people wonder why the big 4 struggle? No bouyant second hand market. 300 hours in 10 years? I wonder if the owner thinks it was good enough value to repeat the experience?

KevB

Visit site
I've been toying with the idea of changing boats, this one is tens of £k's more than I'm looking at but the difference in size is huge. Couldn't afford to park and run it though..

ian38_39

Visit site
There is a pred 60 with Mann 1050's up for sale with a uk broker for £169 and that only has 300 hours total as well as having a jet rib with it.

Same old story, if you can afford to run it you can afford a new one. That said even if you threw it away after two years you would still have cheap boating compared to a new one.

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site
There is a pred 60 with Mann 1050's up for sale with a uk broker for £169 and that only has 300 hours total as well as having a jet rib with it.

Same old story, if you can afford to run it you can afford a new one. That said even if you threw it away after two years you would still have cheap boating compared to a new one.

Go on then, post a link, who doesn't like looking at these lovely old bargain boats?

D

Deleted User YDKXO

I like those Pred 56's, but in fairness this isn't especially cheap, these have been asking about £200k for years now, and a quick look at yachtworld shows plenty that are a lot less than this.
Agreed. For all it's lovely styling, this is a 15yr old boat and worth no more than the asking price and probably less. Its about the going rate for a 50-60 footer of this vintage in the Med.

Agree with BruceK though. it really does demonstrate why boat builders struggle to sell new boats. Why would you spend £1.5m (?) on a new Pred 57 when you could probably bag this one for 1/10th of the price and only the cognoscenti are going to know the difference? It even seems to have a hi/lo bathing platform! For sure, you will be spending money regularly on fixing stuff but it will be pennies compared to the depreciation on that new Pred 57

Portofino

Visit site
That was my logic too
Ended up with older boat! + a WC1 apartment for student kid - doing nicely on the London Property Mkt ( thankyou) and saving Mum + Dad accommodation fee,s to boot .
What's saved "renting" I then blow on diesel :cool: in a man maths sort of way .

Last edited:

MapisM

Visit site
Well that and I didn't have the £1m for a new one. Though I reckon I'll have 80% of the fun still
80%? You must be joking.
If you would have had the £1m, after buying Seralia, you could have still bought a Harley Davidson and a huge stock of booze and prostitutes to fill the boat with.
With plenty of change left, to be blown in more trivial stuff... :cool:
What sort of additional 20% could you expect by a newer boat alone?!?

D

Deleted User YDKXO

you could have still bought a Harley Davidson and a huge stock of booze and prostitutes to fill the boat with.
Shit! Is that what goes on in San Carles? It's no wonder so many forumites berth their boats there. I'm on my way:D