Chart update

G

I have been using the Admiralty Small Craft Portfolio for the Solent since 2000, I am deciding wether just to buy latest revision, or to mark up charts with revisions issued by Admiralty, used their web page but found it a very labourious exercise, so gave up, when trying to get the information.

I know it may be easier to buy new set, however feel I should be able to keep my charts up to date myself, just a bit of professional pride I know, but any advice on the easiest method of getting the data, I may be using the web page incorrectly.

Thanks for any help

Spiros

DoctorD

Visit site
I have suggested to the admiralty that they allow searching for updates from chart numbers. e.g. search on chart 1077 and get the updates just for that chart.

This would be good I think. You can also use text search in Acrobat Reader until then. i.e. download the corrections into Adobe Acrobat, click on tools and search for a chart number e.g. 2881 - you will then go directly to this chart number.

Hope this helps.

Graham

Trevor_swfyc

Visit site
Graham,

I thought the same it proved very time consuming to get the information for a chart.
I searched for ages and thought I was using the site wrong. Being able to get all the updates for x years by searching on the chart number would be far more user friendly and give the user far easier access to the data, which is otherwise hard earned with the current format.
So I second your idea.
Trevor

Other threads that may be of interest