Changing Colour of UV Strip

srm

Visit site
Not that I am aware of. You will have to remove the existing strip and replace with a UV stable fabric of your desired colour. Its a straight forward DIY job or ask a sailmaker for a quote.

Resolution

Visit site
North Sails supplied my latest genoa with a painted UV band, but in white. The paint itself is thickish rubbery stuff. Probably no reason why it could not be found in black. Give North a call and ask.

macd

Visit site
Wish all I had to do this winter was fret about the colour of our UV strip.

The OP should consider that a black UV strip will become hot stuff in the south Aegean, particularly if he uses something that will not fade away. Still, you can't always get what you want.

dunedin

Visit site
North Sails supplied my latest genoa with a painted UV band, but in white. The paint itself is thickish rubbery stuff. Probably no reason why it could not be found in black. Give North a call and ask.

Be careful. Our expensIve North jib with this literally fell apart at the seems under 3 years old. Now resewn and with cloth uv strip added.

PS. Also would be careful of a black uv strip if a laminate sail and somewhere sunny - can apparently over "cook" the glue due to heat. Black laminate race sails typically don't get left hoisted

Resolution

Visit site
Be careful. Our expensIve North jib with this literally fell apart at the seems under 3 years old. Now resewn and with cloth uv strip added.

PS. Also would be careful of a black uv strip if a laminate sail and somewhere sunny - can apparently over "cook" the glue due to heat. Black laminate race sails typically don't get left hoisted

Thanks for the warning. We have now completed three Med seasons, so probably a full 12 months hoisted in the sun. Repainted a further coating of paint in year two. No obvious signs of degradation yet. Fingers crossed.
Peter