car brake pipe nipple in diesel filter instead of normal bleeding arrangement?

vas

Visit site
more yanmar 2GMF filter leak issues...

focusing now on leaking bleeding nut on top of the engine mounted original filter.
As part of my monitoring setup, I've replaced the bleeding screw with a pressure sender. works fine, but have made bleeding rather complicated and it's not right.

So tried to get a tee on top of the filter where I can have a normal bleeding screw on top and the pressure sender placed horizontal.
Only setup I found on my hydraulics shop here was one that had male M10/1 thread that goes straight on the filter housing, an M10 female in the middle where I'll fit my sender
and a internal sealing plus a M8 or something brake bleeding nipple with the convex screw ending that seals against the inner layout on the tee.
sorry, difficult to explain, should have taken a pic but parts are already in the boat not here in the office.

Will try it on by the w/e and see if it's easy to bleed.
Any reason I cannot think of that I should avoid using it? was only a fiver, didn't have any other option to offer so took it anyway.

cheers

V.

PS. it's on a 8kva generator that after the lithium bat upgrade rarely use, so no mission critical main propulsion engine stuff.

vas

Visit site
yes paul, it is a standard brake bleeding screw, being 20yrs since last bleeding brakes on a car, looks like it's a 8mm spanner. will report with a pic by the w/e

rogerthebodger

Visit site
I replaces all the blead screws with a 1/8 BSP ball valve and a quick connector to allow a flexible pipe to the valve to allow the collection of the blead fluid in a jar.

This helps stop the messy fuel oil making my engine room mucky and allows better view of and ait bubbles

Just like a car break bleeding setup

DinghyMan

www.ff-systems.co.uk
We've been making blanking plugs with a brake bleeder and banjo bolts with a brake bleeder for a good few years now

I think I have some sets for Beta's and a selection of sizes for others

As mentioned above use with the supplied pipe and theres no spilt diesel as well

Reactions: vas

vas

Visit site
We've been making blanking plugs with a brake bleeder and banjo bolts with a brake bleeder for a good few years now

I think I have some sets for Beta's and a selection of sizes for others

As mentioned above use with the supplied pipe and theres no spilt diesel as well
looking at this again,

@DinghyMan you mean you machine banjo bolts with a seal for the hemispherical brake bleeder bit at the back? Got a pic of how this looks like as I'm confused tbh.
extra advantage of this approach is that you never touch the copper washers so no need to replace/anneal/whatnot either!

cheers

V.

DinghyMan

www.ff-systems.co.uk
M6 Little Bleeders & M10 Banjo Bolt Little Bleeders.jpg LittleBleeders.png

Banjo bolts in 316 with brass brake bleeder, and assorted size and thread variations on replacement bleed bolts, they come with some plastic pipe so you can bleed systems without having diesel going everywhere

M6 through to M16, fine and coarse threads

They have an O ring between the bleeder and the main body and come with spares, they also come with a dowty washer to replace the copper washer

Made in-house, as is everything we make, so can be supplied with metric or imperial threads

Reactions: vas