Captain Calamitys

dom

Visit site
Dom
Neither do I. Are we just being thick, or have we missed an in joke on another thread?
Hang on in and I am sure all will be revealed!

Yup; 'twas the apostrophe alright ...well worth the wait!

Last edited:

Tranona

Visit site
Yup; 'twas the apostrophe alright ...well worth the wait!

Very topical. Item in the papers last week on tesco selling a child's item with both a spelling mistake and a missing apostrophe in the description on the pack.

"Eats shoots and leaves" by LynneTruss is a great read.

Resolution

Visit site
Robert
The Hayle Harbour master says the boat is still there and pretty sound. One of the crew has gone, the other is "being looked after locally". The HM thinks that the Wooden Ships Association (?) has been in touch with the skipper and they are planning to put a couple of crew on board for the leg round to the South Coast. Which the HM says will not be for some time given the present series of SW gales. They also said the boat needs tidying up!!
Peter

PS All above in a phone conversation; I've never been to Hayle although it looks rather an interesting place.

Triassic

Visit site
The HM thinks that the Wooden Ships Association (?) has been in touch with the skipper and they are planning to put a couple of crew on board for the leg round to the South Coast.

Good on them. Hopefully they don't make it look to easy and he appreciates what he doesn't know as a result.

fisherman

Visit site
Robert
I've never been to Hayle although it looks rather an interesting place.

Post industrial wasteland, though they keep trying to improve it. Used to be coal ships for the power station, kept the bar open until late 70s. Two foundries in the 19thc, one built the pump that emptied the Zuider Zee.

Wansworth

Visit site
Post industrial wasteland, though they keep trying to improve it. Used to be coal ships for the power station, kept the bar open until late 70s. Two foundries in the 19thc, one built the pump that emptied the Zuider Zee.
considering there was the more easier access to the German industry up the Rhine says something for the work at Hale......fasinating

Mad Pad

Visit site
Sorry to be so crude but I thought that "eats,shoots and leaves" was about a guy who went around to his girlfriends for an excellent dinner,made love,and then went home??
Must be mistaken?
Mad Pad

Last edited:

Binman

Visit site
Robert
The Hayle Harbour master says the boat is still there and pretty sound. One of the crew has gone, the other is "being looked after locally". The HM thinks that the Wooden Ships Association (?) has been in touch with the skipper and they are planning to put a couple of crew on board for the leg round to the South Coast. Which the HM says will not be for some time given the present series of SW gales. They also said the boat needs tidying up!!
Peter

PS All above in a phone conversation; I've never been to Hayle although it looks rather an interesting place.
I wonder where his mate has gone, Glad there safe for now.