Can you identify my outboard ??

CPD

Visit site
In need of TLC beyond measure, but she carries fond memories, and I want to fully strip and rebuild.

Several sares needed ........... any clue as to what make / model ?

Many thanks ............

IMG_7259.jpgIMG_7257.jpgIMG_7258.jpgIMG_7262.jpg

Dellquay13

Boat at Milford Haven, Home in Chesterfield
Visit site
I used to get all my Evinrude and Johnson spares from South Coast Marine in Christchurch, always had good advice and service, and they carried lots of spares in stock. My local marine engineers in Milford Haven used them too for spares.
I haven’t had any dealings with them for 10 years since I sold my last Evinrude outboard though.

Refueler

Visit site
I have one of those ... but its the Johnson version .. same as the Evinrude.

Good little motors ....

yscnRszl.jpg

jWQP22Pl.jpg

As another says - its basically a re-badged Tohatsu.

VicS

Visit site
Great start thanks chaps - any recommendations for UK parts suppliers ??
The place I used to get Evinrude spares is no more.

Try Wills Marine in Kingsbridge. They used to be good for mail order spares.

Quote the model number when ordering parts.

jamie N

Visit site
As stated in #3, pretty much all parts will be compatible with the Tohatsu 3.5hp types of engine.
Great little engines.
1703929895732.jpeg

Dellquay13

Boat at Milford Haven, Home in Chesterfield
Visit site
As stated in #3, pretty much all parts will be compatible with the Tohatsu 3.5hp types of engine.
Great little engines.
View attachment 169799
Some parts on the Tohatsu versions, like the cooling water pickup pipe from the impeller housing up to the power head, can be different to the ones used on the OMC Evinrude and Johnson models, probably as the models evolved through iterations. To be sure you are buying the right part from the right iteration, you need to use the serial number and not guess it will be the same as the Tohatsu, which tripped me up.

CPD

Visit site
Can't thank you enough chaps. Have located a Haynes manual, and well on the way to spending more than she is worth physically. The memories however are valued somewhat differently. Thanks again ............

Refueler

Visit site
Can't thank you enough chaps. Have located a Haynes manual, and well on the way to spending more than she is worth physically. The memories however are valued somewhat differently. Thanks again ............

I would rather have this little 2 banger than a hefty 4 banger ... good engine .... my 3hp was used on back end of my Tallinn 25ft race boat ... purely to get in / out of marina berth while hoisting sails ... not for passage

Main point I always suggest ..... when stopping the engine - turn off fuel ... let it run dry ... only use stop button if its emergency or a short stop of less than an hour.

VicS

Visit site
Some parts on the Tohatsu versions, like the cooling water pickup pipe from the impeller housing up to the power head, can be different to the ones used on the OMC Evinrude and Johnson models, probably as the models evolved through iterations. To be sure you are buying the right part from the right iteration, you need to use the serial number and not guess it will be the same as the Tohatsu, which tripped me up.
It is the model number on Johnsons and Evinrudes which you must quote. In this case E3ROECS

mickywillis

Visit site
If you are lucky, inside the carburettor to engine manifold, you may find a restrictor plate? Its a small round stainless steel plate, the same outside diameter as the carburettor venturi bore and with a slot cut out in it. Take it out and you'' have a more powerful outboard! I hade and Evinrude 2.3Hp, exactly the same as yours, removed restrictor and upped the HP by another 1 to a 3.3Hp which was much more suited to my dinghy I had at the time!