Can anyone help transporting an item from Dawlish to Oban ?

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
I've just bought an incomplete Navik windvane on Ebay - all the bits except the water rudder/trim tab essentially (and the balance weight)

It's not heavy but is a little awkward/fragile to post or courier. I don't suppose anyone is coming all or part of the way up here from that neck of the woods (near Exmouth) any time soon?

- Nick

Capt. Clueless

Visit site
The only thing I can suggest is www.shiply.com When I was running my courier company, that is the sort of stuff I would bid for if I had other bits en route to collect. Many of the guys on there, are not standard "play by the rules" couriers in their corporate packing standards. I preferred to collect the goods, and secure them myself in my van. I've carried expensive antiques, Collectable prams, furniture, Motorbikes,a nose cone off a jet fighter, you name it.......Try them. There may be 1 or2 that operate between Scotland & the south west.

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
Nick

I am based in Exeter and get up to Scotland now and then. I frequently go to Leeds. If we can find somebody in Yorkshire I could get it there by the end of January.

Sandy

Davy_S

Visit site
89 views and no suggestions yet . . . this is the sort of thing this forum used to be good at.

I can't help with the transport side of it, but how about trying to break the journey up, if someone is heading from Exmouth to Lancs, I will store it until someone is heading from Lancs to your end, just a thought.

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
Nick

I am based in Exeter and get up to Scotland now and then. I frequently go to Leeds. If we can find somebody in Yorkshire I could get it there by the end of January.

Sandy

That's great, now - is there anyone in Leeds who could look after this until someone is coming up this way?

- Nick

Fascadale

Visit site
I often travel between Edinburgh and Webcraft's part of the world.....................so if it can be got to the Athens of the North

Exeter Leeds
Leeds Edinburgh
Edinburgh to the T&T

PhillM

Visit site
If non of this works for you, try AnyVan.com I got an engine picked up in Scotland and delivered to Southampton pretty easily. Shame it was faulty and had to go back, but that was not the couriers fault.