Can anyone hazard a guess of the make?

Bodach na mara

Visit site
NASA.
The same masthead unit for both Target and Cruiser ranges. You can get them from NASA or from allgadgets
That looks like the wired version m NASA also made a wireless version now.

PS you will need the whole unit as the spindle that the cups fit on is missing. Cost about £20 last time I bought one.

neil_s

Visit site
I successfully fitted new spindles to my NASA Wind MH unit. I drilled from the inside to release the old spindle and then fitted new ones with epoxy glue. I used the 'pull wires' from pop rivets to make the new spindles. Still in service after three years!

Bodach na mara

Visit site
I made a couple of mistakes in my earlier post. You can no longer get spares from allgadgets. I may have remembered the name wrongly. Secondly the cost of the full masthead unit is currently over £150 so the idea of replacing the spindle is a good one.

Plum

Visit site
The cups and shaft of the masthead wind instrument have gone on vacation. There is no manufacturer’s name on the unit for me to get spares. Does anyone recognise it? Many thanks in anticipation.

View attachment 169299
I also had this problem with my NASA wind. The shaft, which had broken flush, is moulded into the plastic housing and not normally supplied but when I phoned NASA the kind person sent me a new rotor, a new shaft plus a few of the spring clips that hold the rotor onto the shaft. They only charged for the rotor. I managed to get the broken piece of shaft out and Araldited in the new shaft.

www.solocoastalsailing.co.uk

Last edited: