Buying Teak Deck Plank - uk

joewads

Visit site
I need to purchase a piece of teak, for a boat deck repair, which is 7-8mm thick 140mm wide and 300mm long, in the UK. I've spent an hour trying to find out where on the internet and failed. I would really vm appreciate some help if possible :)

Quandary

Visit site
I have some genuine burma teak in the loft over my garage, I fitted out an Achilles 24 hull in 1974 and purchased a sleeper 10"x6"X 10' (hardwood was imperial then), and had it sawn up and planed to make the various sizes of strips I needed for battens, shelves lippings etc. I did not need it all at the time and have been using it to make bits for other boats ever since. The nearest I have to the size you want is a plank 144mm wide by approx 12mm. thick, so you would need to plane it. If it meets your needs I can cut off a bit slightly over the 300mm. length you want and post it to you. In return I would expect you to make a donation of your choosing to RNLI.
If this meets your needs, private message me with contact details, sometimes new members may need to generate some activity before the forum accepts a pm but I will try to remember to check for messages for a week or two.

PabloPicasso

Visit site
I setomes see teak doors in skips. They were poplukatlr in the 70s & 89s. Grab em, remove the glass and all the metal. Screws pins etc

Slice em up to size.