Burgled on the thames

Bysshe

Visit site
We were moored on the Thames towpath on a bank holiday Sunday in a residential area with several other of the residents' boats.

When we returned to our boat early on the bank holiday Monday we saw a scene of devastation...nearly all the the boats had been burgled...many of the contents including upholstery had been ripped out was floating in the river..one boat had spikes put through all the instrument dials.

My boat was almost new and they had cut the mooring lines...fortunately I had had the presence of mind to padlock a chain to both cleats at the starboard quarter ...they even tried to jemmy that cleat off the boat...and failed fortunately...just leaving the cost of a professional repair in addition to replacing all the stolen stuff.

Incredibly..no-one had heard a thing !

The new white upholstery on my boat was covered in prints as it was on many of the other boats...this would help the police with their investigations we naively thought....wrong

We all called the police...we were given crime reference numbers....guess how many police actually turned up to investigate at any time ?.....yup....not one.

The local lock keeper that someone spoke to later said that all the stuff that they had stolen (including my 6 new life vests) would probably be at a local bank holiday car boot fair somewhere....with the amount of stuff stolen they must have had a van nearby.

byron

RIP
Visit site
HiYa !
I know this is the correct Forum to place your message but it wouldn't hurt to also paste it into the Thames Forum too. :)

adamcaldwell

Visit site
We were moored on the Thames towpath on a bank holiday Sunday in a residential area with several other of the residents' boats.

When we returned to our boat early on the bank holiday Monday we saw a scene of devastation...nearly all the the boats had been burgled...many of the contents including upholstery had been ripped out was floating in the river..one boat had spikes put through all the instrument dials.

My boat was almost new and they had cut the mooring lines...fortunately I had had the presence of mind to padlock a chain to both cleats at the starboard quarter ...they even tried to jemmy that cleat off the boat...and failed fortunately...just leaving the cost of a professional repair in addition to replacing all the stolen stuff.

Incredibly..no-one had heard a thing !

The new white upholstery on my boat was covered in prints as it was on many of the other boats...this would help the police with their investigations we naively thought....wrong

We all called the police...we were given crime reference numbers....guess how many police actually turned up to investigate at any time ?.....yup....not one.

The local lock keeper that someone spoke to later said that all the stuff that they had stolen (including my 6 new life vests) would probably be at a local bank holiday car boot fair somewhere....with the amount of stuff stolen they must have had a van nearby.

People that do this kind of thing are complete low life, I know how you feel I once had a similar experience.

Adam