Bray BBQ

byron

RIP
Visit site
I fetched up at MDLs Bray BBQ this evening. As I had to drive home unfortunately I was unable to drink other than one glass of red wine that Mike Gates gave me. However this was more than made up for when I bumped in to my old mate Johnny Pleece who has worked on the Thames forever both in partnership with Turks and for many many years now with his own Piling & Dredging company. Made it all worth while

Ramage

Visit site
It was a most enjoyable evening.

Many thanks to Mike & his staff for making the evening such a success.

My teenage crew-members even went and danced to the "Cheesy classical music" in the disco /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BG1

Visit site
I'm glad you had a good time, I certainly did! It's a pity I didn't know you were attending as I would have liked to put a face to the name as I'm sure would a lot of other forumites who were there. I guess you were with one of the **YC groups and not the lot at the end who were having fun. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Better organisation next time! (conundrum: Why does the free lift and scrub always get won by someone with a 30 footer and not a 70 footer!) I'll give Teresa Jones the answers next time! (Sorry thats a NB) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'm glad you had a good time, I certainly did! It's a pity I didn't know you were attending as I would have liked to put a face to the name as I'm sure would a lot of other forumites who were there. I guess you were with one of the **YC groups and not the lot at the end who were having fun. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Better organisation next time! (conundrum: Why does the free lift and scrub always get won by someone with a 30 footer and not a 70 footer!) I'll give Teresa Jones the answers next time! (Sorry thats a NB) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope! I was alone except for my dog. I did see loads of folks I knew and although Windsor YC kindly invited me to join them I felt that was imposing on their generosity so just circulated a bit before leaving at about 9pm.

DogsBody

Visit site
Re: Byron

You should have wondered over to the BCC tent and said hello, would have been good to meet you and you could have told me one of your stories about how Unwinder nearly sank when you and half of UTMYC were having refreshments in the cockpit.

Thought the party went very well this year, great fun.

byron

RIP
Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
You should have wondered over to the BCC tent and said hello, .

[/ QUOTE ]

YUP! Can you imagine the blank faces if I wandered up to various tents and said "hello I am Byron" to complete strangers who never use this forum and probably don't realise it exists. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

DogsBody

Visit site

Fair point. Perhaps Mike Gates could have done a few intros for you - good excuse for a beer for both of you.

byron

RIP
Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
Fair point. Perhaps Mike Gates could have done a few intros for you - good excuse for a beer for both of you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Mike had eleventytwelve hundred customers to look after as it was I am surprised he even had time to have a chat with me.

DogsBody

Visit site
Re: Apollo

Its alright Apollo, I'm sure he didn't forget to invite you - just thought that as only a part time berth holder a Bray he'd leave it until you sign up for a full year...

apollo

Visit site
Re: Apollo

I guess its cos I am not "OLD" enough to be one of his mates!!

You would think it would look good for him to be seen with "YOUNGER" people wouldnt you??
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

byron

RIP
Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
At least he remembered to invite you!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't, he tried to keep it a secret from me, like a bad penny I turned up anyway /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ramage

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
all Old Farties

[/ QUOTE ]

I am NOT an Old Fartie.

An Old Fattie maybe...... (SWMBO says definitely!!) /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

apollo

Visit site

I didnt get an invite THIS year before the insults, so nothing to lose old timer?

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk

[ QUOTE ]
I didnt get an invite THIS year before the insults, so nothing to lose old timer?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you like, I'll email you a copy of my invite.
At least then you'll know what one looks like! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif