Bray BBQ

byron

RIP
Visit site
Re: Byron

[ QUOTE ]
Byron's telling porkies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was kidding, Mike did invite me. He knows what happens if he doesn't. He knows I don't invite the Queen to my house for tea as she never asks me to hers.

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk

volleyball7.jpg

apollo

Visit site

TeeHee!!!! so where is the centre of the social circle? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

B#ggered off home early perhaps? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Mike_Gates

www.mdlmarinas.co.uk

Morning Mike
Just opened up the forum. Now your invite, all Bray and Windsor annual berth holders are invited as are members of BCC & TWYC. BoatOne and Byron were invited as I was indeed going to introduce tham around as 1) We have many forumites on the marinas and 2) I think they deserve a thank you for the Thames Forum that is becoming a very good communication tool for river folk. I was even going to see if Tony would play his music for us! As it turned out Tony was unable to attend and by the time I had five minutes Byron had left.

Any way Mike glad to be welcoming you back to Bray this winter, and who knows you could be on the guest list next year.

All the best

apollo

Visit site

But I AM a member of BCC and have been for 15 years and got no invite??

So should I be blaming the powers that be of the club?

Darren, Ian!!!!!!!

DogsBody

Visit site
Re: appollo

Well, in previous years there has been published in Cruiser News an invite from Mike to all BCC members for the BBQ and it is usually listed on the club planner. You being a long time member would surely remember, no?

Admittedly there wasn't one this year, so perhaps a note for next year's committee - send a note about the MDL BBQ.

apollo

Visit site

Nothing on the club planner.

Yes, long time member, no, never heard any mention of it in the past?

An email would not have gone amiss?

From my previous times at Bray, you were never allowed in to the bash without an invite, so were we supposed to print out something from the magazine ??

Brayman

Visit site

Nothing on the Club Planner because the date wasn't known last Christmas, as it turned out the normal date was changed.
I thought it was pretty well known that Mike has an open invite to all BCC members regardless of where they moor.

byron

RIP
Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
Morning Mike
BoatOne and Byron were invited as I was indeed going to introduce tham around as 1) We have many forumites on the marinas and 2) I think they deserve a thank you for the Thames Forum that is becoming a very good communication tool for river folk.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said that evening to you. The entire credit for getting this forum goes solely to Tony (Boat1). He badgered YBW, he circulated people, without a shadow of a doubt he was the leading light.

Ramage

Visit site

Well done BoatOne.

As a relative newcomer to boating I have learned a huge amount from this forum.

However, I think Byron is being rather too modest. He is a leading light of the forum and his posts are always entertaining and informative.

Beers to you both! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

BG1

Visit site

[However, I think Byron is being rather too modest. He is a leading light of the forum and his posts are always entertaining and informative.]

Crawler /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

byron

RIP
Visit site

[ QUOTE ]

Crawler /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You leave him alone, he's obviously a person of breeding and intelligence.

apollo

Visit site

Oh Yes, but in Ken's normally crystal clear text;-

"This weekend is the MDL party in the marina and BCC will have our gazebos erected, to keep the sun from us. Do seek out the club gazebos and join other members for what will be a good evening."

Where in there does it say, you are welcome even if you do not moor here?

Not being funny, would not put myself through turning up and the humiliation of being refused and turned away unless I knew i was welcome.

Would you?

jaws

Visit site

Ok maybe not clear but I'm sure Mr Gates wouldn't have set the dogs on you!
Assume all events on the BCC calendar you are welcome to attend from now on.

Ramage

Visit site

Could be.....

If you are nice to people you never know what kind of invite you might get..... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif