Boats you love

onesea

Visit site
Is there any type of sailing boat, ever made, which you'd really love to be able go sailing in?

I'd like to go sailing in several in this site

http://www.jsjohnston.org/

Oh dear where to start :eek:
J Class
T Clipper
Wind Jammer
Foiling Moth,https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8q7ODYlo_M21gc-BVc7LbDRw4T7bBMM5k1i_EkGbyMDjD7CcwaHx5Tg
ONe of the big fast French? Tri's,
Mini Transat,
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...qjbOvrZ7-zOlYckK55ycxPZFW541Z3iPZ0Ux__hrxJ6p_
18 foot skiff
Thames barge,
Dutch Barge,
Arabian Dohs,
Chinese junk,
Nelsons Victory,
A viking long boat,
A Sailing Canoe,

In fact if does not rely on its engine.... Well no what would I not sail on.. If it floats...

I could go on and on and on....

If any one owns the above and needs a crew :D:D:D:D

Last edited:

Bobc

Visit site
I love my 12

12skiff_510.jpg

...and my Int. Canoe.

Blueboatman

Visit site
Respect! Fantastic picture

Like to sail a really fast cat , done Hobies, something BIG:eek:

And a few more MABs and AWBs of course. To see what al the fuss was about..

And something on foils, something really good

And Sjs Anderson 22 ( but best not to Newhaven eh?)

And a RS40 ( and I guess an Ovni, side by side, like). And and and... So little time

EDIT: Dylan you beat me to it

andymcp

Visit site
I was going to say a VO70, but then on second thoughts I'm not sure that's true. I've helmed a 100' maxi, and they are huge, powerful, impressive beasts. Make no mistake, you know immediately what they are built for and what they're capable of. But something is lost in the size. 20kts doesn't feel like 20kts should. I remember hanging on at 13kts in my last boat and it felt like you were going fast.

So I think I'd veer to the other end of the spectrum, and say that for fast boating I'd love to go for a blast in a mini Pogo, strong winds, offshore. And I have a real hankering to have a go in an Elan 210 - it just looks such simple fun. So if anyone here has either and fancies lending me a shot.... :D

On the less fast side, I'd love to sail one of the larger Spirits. They just look so elegant (IMHO).

Seajet

Visit site
My ultimate was a Falmouth Working Boat, it would be hard to top that both for the boat and the company.

I do fancy a foiler Moth,

18'Skiff

J Class

I had a go on a square rigger - Royalist - but wasn't skipper and felt everything a bit diluted by the time one's requests / orders got through, no immediacy.

A tremendous feeling or the power in the rig though, as we hammered along Southsea front under reduced sail in a F7.

When I win the lottery it will be a Falmouth Working Boat to add to my fleet, though it may take serious money and /or a machine gun to get one !

working_boat.jpg

Zagato

Visit site
Ditto the Falmouth Andy ;)

At the moment I would like to sail a BayCruiser20 - looked at the range again today at SIBS and was impressed - think I will end up with one....one day :)