Boat Offer Prices

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
You're a suspicious lot! :)

My situation is as I said, been out of boats for a while, primarily due to the recession wiping me out. I'm very keen to get a boat for next year and very clear about what my budget is.

I've learned a lot from my past mistakes - previously, if a boat was out of my reach, I would mortgage a little more and get it. Not this time - I have 100k to spend and no more (unless I delay purchase) and the boat must fit that budget.

As I said, there's a couple of boats that suit me down to the ground that have been on the market for a while. They're both in the 150k range. I could see both boats, and they could be dogs. Alternatively, they could be great and all I ever hoped for. My question was simply if I like the boat and it's a good boat, it is unrealistic to attempt to buy a 150k boat for 100k? Or should I delay purchase and build a bigger fund.

No intention of buying a bad boat that fits the budget.

No conspiracy theories.

Thanks for the helpful replies.

We are all here to help you, tell us what your after, I come across all makes of boats very often my own clients that want yo sell, often owners and buyers are put together very easily.

ari

Visit site
As I said, there's a couple of boats that suit me down to the ground that have been on the market for a while. They're both in the 150k range. I could see both boats, and they could be dogs. Alternatively, they could be great and all I ever hoped for. My question was simply if I like the boat and it's a good boat, it is unrealistic to attempt to buy a 150k boat for 100k? Or should I delay purchase and build a bigger fund.

Only one way to find out! :)

ontheplane

Visit site
If you think the boat's worth more than £100k and you only have £100k - I don't see the harm in offering 100k.....

This can go 2 ways...

a) You negotiate and get the boat for a price you are happy with (perhaps having to pay a small deposit to the seller NOT the broker) and saving up the difference (from a post above it sounds like you will be able to do that pretty quickly if it's only a thou or two)

b) You get told to p155 off....... In which case either i) the boat owner is asking too much or ii) you are offering too little -- but neither of that matters as no-one got hurt and no harm done.

I have bought cars before when I've seen them on Autotrader, phoned the seller and told them what I'd be prepared to pay - even been told to p155 off myself a couple of times - I always politely leave them my phone number and just mention that if they change their minds I have cash waiting..... more than one occasion a week later I've had the call ........

adey

Visit site
Go and look at the 150k boat first. Then put in your offer giving the broker your reasons. Nothing more annoying as a seller than having a boat for sale (or a car on Autotrader!) and someone phones up with a low offer without actually being bothered to come and look at it. How can you value it until you've seen it?