Boat launch

Lakesailor

Visit site
Why does it take 6 blokes to push the boat away from the pontoon. Doesn't the crane driver do " a bit further mate" or is he at the limit of his SWL? Surely not.

[2574]

Visit site
John,

I'm worried that you are getting too much in to this technology; please call in to Waitrose on the way to the boat tonight and buy at least two nice bottles of vin rouge and make sure that you've consumed it by Monday morning. Thanks. Rob.

ps - maybe I'm just jealous that 1) I don't have a video camera 2) I couldn't operate it if I did have one and 3) I certainly wouldn't know how to post a video on YouTube.

alldownwind

Visit site
Hope that army don't all work for the boatyard......costs must be way out of control if they do! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Just the crane driver and the boat owner where I am....and perhaps one assistant if he's available.

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
I could show you the video clip earlier where the alarm sounds on the crane as the boat is lifted. Actually it IS close to the the limit of its weight at that far 'jib out'. (Perhaps I should have empitied the water tanks of the tonne of water we carry?)

The six blokes are being very kind and stopping our gel and a/f being scrtached on the old and battered temporary pontoon we have as a club for lift out and launch days. The crane did jib out as soon as the boat was in the water.

TiggerToo

Visit site
Hi, I was watching this the other day while gently ghosting down the river under jib alone... lunching on a fresh mackerel caught at the breakwater that morning: the weather was fabulous and the guys in dayglo yellow were evidently having fun putting their prides and beauties back into where they should be.

Best wishes for a great season all round! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Q

quimby

Nice to see Club team spirit, or was it beers all /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gifround? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Glad to see her in the water.

We finally collect mine from Ipswich this weekend for Trip to Portsmouth - cocked up last weekend as the starter motor failed.

Off in a few minutes to beat the M25