Blue Angel (Canados 70s) Rebuild thread

MapisM

Visit site
If one of my manufacturers (even the Italian ones) produced a machine with a belt driven hydraulic pump to drive its services, my customers would laugh:)
I take it as a compliment. By "even the IT ones", you mean even the best ones, surely? :D

PS: in fact, my Naiad components are all made in the good old US of A, bar none.

Last edited:
D

Deleted User YDKXO

I'm pritty shure that I've seen bulldozers with a belt driven hydraulic pump in the past, or am I mistaken ? :)
Maybe but times have moved on. Nowadays, the hydraulic pumps will be driven directly by the engine PTOs or by a reduction gearbox on the back of the engine with the required number and type of output drives

D

Deleted User YDKXO

I take it as a compliment. By "even the IT ones", you mean even the best ones, surely? :D

PS: in fact, my Naiad components are all made in the good old US of A, bar none.
Actually in my industry, US machines have a poor image and their hydraulics technology is 10yrs behind the European manufacturers but I'm not sure whether thats the same for stabilizers:) You know I'm only joking when I refer to IT machines; I've been dealing with my main IT supplier for so long, they call me an honorary Italian now:)

MapisM

Visit site
I've been dealing with my main IT supplier for so long, they call me an honorary Italian now
LOL, knowing the area where they are located, I suppose that before giving you such title you must have shown a proper knowledge of fine food and wine, rather than just of hydraulic systems... :D

D

Deleted User YDKXO

LOL, knowing the area where they are located, I suppose that before giving you such title you must have shown a proper knowledge of fine food and wine:D
Yup and my waistline confirms that;)

BartW

www.amptec.be
Come on boy’s,
At the moment I‘m absolutely not concerned about the model / specs of PTO hydraulic pump,

question is;
Do I want to spend +80K on a stab system,
and in case I will, decide who to buy from

Besides the price; should all be in the same region I guess,
These are points to consider:
- Do they have experience with “planing “ 80ft boats, and can we do a sea trial somewhere ?
- Dimensions of the system, does it fit in the available space, how can we get it in, (furniture dismantling)
- What kind of processing platform do they use, processing power and speed, I believe these are important factors in a planing boat system.
- What kind of “clever “ idea’s are incorporated, or their ability to improve the software
- How open are they with information on the technology, processing algorithms, ....
- How helpful and flexible are they during the preparation and installation
Any Other points ?

MapisM

Visit site
experience with “planing “ 80ft boats
LOL, already looking forward to BA II...? :D

Re. your key factors list, I don't disagree with any of them, but in terms of importance I'd put a proven successful experience with retrofitting of these systems WAY above all the rest.
To the point that if you'll find a yard which can give you such assurance, I'd go with the brand which they used most.
In your boots, I'd hate to have a warranty discussion with the yard who did the job, and hear them arguing "I told you to use XXX, rather than YYY"...

Last edited:

MYAG

Visit site
Bart, I came across this C70 earlier today whilst out pootling in the rib and thought I would post it here for your reference. I remember you had some kind of bimini or shade for the flybridge on your wishlist...............

DSC004832.jpg

MapisM

Visit site
What brand is the 4m RIB tender?
If I'm not mistaken, its tubes are diagonally cut astern, and that is a peculiarity of a specific builder.
Whose name I can't recall for the life of me, urgh.
As Garfield used to put it, it's nice to learn something new every day when you get older...
...if it weren't that you forget more than you learn! :)

MapisM

Visit site
I beg to differ that all are made in the usa as we have machined a lot of components for Naiad who have a place in the UK.
I take your word for it. All I know is that they're labeled as built in the US.
Maybe you machined some flanges or whatever, and shipped them to the US for final assembly?
Mind, I'm talking of a 1995 equipment.

BartW

www.amptec.be
Bart, I came across this C70 earlier today whilst out pootling in the rib and thought I would post it here for your reference. I remember you had some kind of bimini or shade for the flybridge on your wishlist...............

DSC004832.jpg

thanks a lot,
and looking at their guest sportsboat,
defo a bunch of people with class and style :D
same for their neighbours in the background, is that a benetti ?

did you make more pics ?
do you mind mailing them to me in hi res ?
I'm geeky-ish interested in some small details...

re the bimini, seems a standard Canados fit, have exactly the same on BA,
but have'nt used many times,
all my family and friends still prefer sitting in sun
I'am thinking of a way to make it bigger / over th FB helm while still looking nice. might end-up with a hard top like yours,..
but absolutely not urgent (yet)

jfm

Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, its tubes are diagonally cut astern, and that is a peculiarity of a specific builder.
Whose name I can't recall for the life of me, urgh.
As Garfield used to put it, it's nice to learn something new every day when you get older...
...if it weren't that you forget more than you learn! :)

Brig? :) Console does not look Brig though, at least not a current model

Mind you, there may be more than one "diagonal cutter" out there. I bought a "Pneumatiques" maagzine in Nice airport last night and discovered 10 RIB manufacturers that I had never heard of. There are so many RIB makers out there at the moment, because there are no barriers to entry - with micro capital anyone can start a RIB building firm. And they do.

jfm

Visit site
I think I recognise that particular deck :) I hope (and I'm sure it is the case) that Mr P and family are having a great time with the ORY - give him my best wishes.

A Williams could never, in my personal book, be a great set up. Mind you, this was seen yesterday in antibes...
IMG_4339.jpg

Nautical

www.outerreefyachts.com
Hi M, which one did he go for?, I know he had a fuel pump and remote filler hose fitted in the engine room so as to be able to fill the tender will diesel from the main tanks, did he get the diesel version in the end?