Best websites (or other means) of advertising boat for sale?

bluedragon

Visit site
I'm a bit out of touch with how people are privately advertising their yachts these days. Until a few years ago it would have been YM, PBO, etc, classified ads, but they seem to be little used now, and I guess the cost (>£100 p.m.) is a factor. If boats moved quickly, I'd have no problem with that, but I assume it may take a season or more to get an acceptable offer in today's climate. So...where could I advertise that would a) be reasonably low lost for say 6-12 months b) still be effective in reaching the target audience? I'm planning anyway to put together either a website or blog dedicated to my boat and all the improvements we've made to her, so in a sense I'm just looking for a way to bring that link to people's attention. How have others gone about this? What has worked well / not worked? Is this the right approach anyway? Other ideas? I've got an open mind at present.

The only reason we're selling is to get something larger in the next year or so, so it's not an urgency that we sell, but I do feel we need to start the process or we'll never make that step up!

NealB

Visit site
I'll second those.

Over the years I've sold three boats plus a house through boatsandoutboards.....all for free (the house was annoying, in a way, as I also spent considerable sums on local newspaper ads, plus a paid for 'houses for sale' web site).

Good luck!

rickp

Visit site
Nicely done - but got to wonder if the 'FUel consumption: 4.5 liters per hour total at cruise' for a 74ft motorboat doing 10knots is really correct! 2.2miles/litre is remarkable if so....

For the original poster - www.botentekoop.nl is a good one for the Dutch market (and given the strong euro, may be worth a punt).