Best NMEA0183 to WiFi transmitter?

goeasy123

Visit site
What's the best NMEA0183 to WiFi product for transmitting data round the boat to, for example, an Android Tab?

chris-s

Visit site
The little yakbitz device does the job really well. Only thing to add would be if you think you might ever need more than one nmea 0183 device to be available, look for a multiplexer option, also available from aves.

Refueler

Visit site
I have the NMEA2WiFi and NMEA4WiFi units ..... budget priced and excellent ....

Nmea4Wifi

Gear designed and built by a boat owner for his own use and then offered to others. He is always there to answer questions - has a dedicated forum to support ...

The unit I have on Anisette is the NMEA2WiFi which will be changed to the NMEA4WiFi unit ... the unit takes in various 0183 data on my boat - combines and then sends out as :

NMEA0183
USB
WiFi

It also can pick up WiFi in a marina and rebroadcast it giving a boost ... it also accepts Seatalk1.

The instructions are easy to follow.

I did carefully cut a slot in the case cover to allow the USB cable in ..

pandos

Visit site
I have a yakker bitz that works ok. But I have just bought one from these guys which will do a little more. (Haven't tried it yet) Others on here report good things from them.

It arrived quickly even though the supplier was away sailing and it seems well made..

About Multiplexers

goeasy123

Visit site
I have the NMEA2WiFi and NMEA4WiFi units ..... budget priced and excellent ....

Nmea4Wifi

Gear designed and built by a boat owner for his own use and then offered to others. He is always there to answer questions - has a dedicated forum to support ...

The unit I have on Anisette is the NMEA2WiFi which will be changed to the NMEA4WiFi unit ... the unit takes in various 0183 data on my boat - combines and then sends out as :

NMEA0183
USB
WiFi

It also can pick up WiFi in a marina and rebroadcast it giving a boost ... it also accepts Seatalk1.

The instructions are easy to follow.

I did carefully cut a slot in the case cover to allow the USB cable in ..
I have a NMEA2WIFI already. It displays AIS data on an Android Tablet, but the other, slow baud rate data doesn't show or comes up intermittantly and only very ocassionaly. That's why I'm looking for an alternative.

Any clues to get it working properly would be much appreciated?

Refueler

Visit site
I have a NMEA2WIFI already. It displays AIS data on an Android Tablet, but the other, slow baud rate data doesn't show or comes up intermittantly and only very ocassionaly. That's why I'm looking for an alternative.

Any clues to get it working properly would be much appreciated?

I certainly don't have intermittent on mine ...
Have you gone into the page and checked settings ? I've normally found on various NMEA gear - that its the display end of line settings usually the problem - not the sender.

What other data are you having trouble with ?

The forum for the item is very good and asking there should get answers ...

goeasy123

Visit site
I certainly don't have intermittent on mine ...
Have you gone into the page and checked settings ? I've normally found on various NMEA gear - that its the display end of line settings usually the problem - not the sender.

What other data are you having trouble with ?

The forum for the item is very good and asking there should get answers ...
I have good AIS data displayed on Navionics. All the other data I'm trying to display on the Android apps, NMEA Dashboard and Seawi is everything produced by the sensors.... depth, wind, boat speed etc.

Refueler

Visit site
I'm just thinking on screen here .... but maybe its a matter of different baud rates of the gear. AIS as I seem to remember is usually at a higher baud rate talker to listener than other nav instruments ? With all combined into one stream - maybe that's part of reason ?

I would ask on the NMEA2WiFi forum - I'm sure an answer would be given ...

Other threads that may be of interest