Berthing in Cyprus

Goldie

Visit site
I have a sniff of a 2 year job in Cyprus commencing September 2010 and one of the major factors is berthing for our 11m boat - I don't want the job if I can't take her! The job would be based just West of Limassol so any advice on berthing availability - and costs - in the vicinity would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in anticipation.

mollyoxford

Visit site
I had a look last year for a similar situation (though 8m boat). The few marinas were small and very full - all moorings take plus substantial number of boats on the hard. We went as far as Paphos harbour (which was lovely, mainly a small fishing harbour and no room) Conversations with staff seemed to indicate not all that much hope... However there has been some marina building/extension going on, so I'd check for yourself how the situation has changed.

I thought Cyprus lovely, but the Lemesos area very 'British holiday resort'. Property prices were high too....

syfuga

www.syfuga.co.uk
Moved on

A sailing boat recently arrived in Alanya having been asked to leave the marina in Cyprus where they had previously been annual berth holders, as there was no berth available for them. The situation is said to be pretty dire.

pmyatt

Visit site
Thanks for the replies to date, but any more information would be very welcome. it's a big decision!

We were the yacht referred to previously by S/Y Fuga. We kept our boat for 6 years on an annual contract but gave that up July last year. We went to Turkey and Lebanon and were planning to down the Red Sea but had to retreat to Cyprus because of damage. We managed to get back into St. Raphael marina on a monthly basis, until repairs were completed, but we had to leave there at 3 days notice as we were only on a monthly contract. Perhaps you would care to email us so that we can get down to more specific details.