Beneteau Antares 8.80

romans8

Visit site
Just taken delivery of a New Beneteau Antares 8.80 with a single Suzuki DF300HP. Just wanted to see if anyone else has taken delivery and what their thoughts are on the boat. So far we are delighted!

Quest

Visit site
Romans8,

would love to say I have too, but alas... I've been keeping tabs on this one and the Jeanneau 855 equivalent and would love to step up to one at some point, so I'd love to know more. Where have you bought from? Did you look at the Jeanneau as well and why did the Beneteau win for you? What did you have before etc etc

Great news for you, hope all goes well with it, would love to know more.

Best wishes,

Andrew
Quest

romans8

Visit site
Antares 8.80

Hi - we bought Antares 8.80 with 300HP Suzuki outboard Engine - had training locally on boat - went out the other day with 10 up - it performed very well - it will easily do 33 knots very smooth with air step very stable craft feels a much bigger boat than it looks - great cabin space - the extra lower cabin is great as it will sleep 6 in total. With the 300HP suzuki engine it has lots of power even with a full ship! very quiet - It was a good choice we made.
regards

Last edited:

Quest

Visit site
All sounds great, so pleased for you. Would love to know how the season goes with it so please stay in touch.

I have a Jeanneau Merry Fisher 625 Legende with 115 suzuki. I launch and recover and that has become a bit of a chore. It's been great for 3 and a bit years but looking to move on at some point and looked at the 880 at SIBS. I was impressed.

Thinking about locating the boat at Plymouth and using it from there instead of trailing. If it gets used well then will look to go bigger.

Did you look at the Jeanneau 855? Was it for cost reasons that you went with the one 300 hp engine instead of 2 x 150hp? Do you have an auxiliary? What did you have before or was this your first boat?

One other ? Where did romans8 come from? Romans chapter 8?

Hope this doesn't feel like an inquisition, just interested.

Best wishes,
Andrew
Quest

romans8

Visit site
The boat is now complete
Romans chapter 8v28 - yes this is correct
We Choose the Beneteau Antares 8.80 for its looks - lighter weight - most important its passenger capacity and sleeping berths of two cabins and cockpit area -
This boat has lived up to its reputation of a big boat ride and performance.
Suzuki engine is so quiet - loads of power - a match truly made - A must to try.
Regards

acbruce

Visit site
As the boat is rated C8/D8, a 10 up trip would be interesting to your insurance company?

Does anyone know if the CE rating has any bearing on one's liability etc if we choose to have more people on (suitable lifejackets etc being provided) or is it only a guide?

romans8

Visit site
Just checked that the official CE stamp on the boat is C10 and D10.
The change is probably due to having the New light weight Suzuki lean burn 300HP outboard engine fitted and the only stipulation the insurance company has is that there is at least 2 competent crew members on board.

romans8

Visit site
Suzuki & Beneteau will be showing an Antares 8.80 with a 300HP Suzuki lean burn engine at the POWERBOAT AND RIB SHOW - 11th-13th MAY 2012 at Gunwharf Quays, Portsmouth
Will you be there Quest?

romans8

Visit site
Engine on Antares 8.80

I bought a single engine Suzuki 300HP to save on servicing costs and for fuel economy.

Are you near Hamble Southampton?

Regards

Paul

romans8

Visit site
Beneteau Antares 8.80 - 300HP Suzuki

Now completed 109 hours - great Boat
Used as Media Boat in The Clipper Race finish.
Been out in all weathers.
Fitted AIS - Trim Tabs - often out with ten Crew - Brilliant stability.

alchemy30

Visit site
Hey Romans

Congratulations, great boat

I am looking into buying either a Beneteau 750 Sundeck or a Jeanneau 7.5 and was just wondering

1: Were you always going to purchase new or did you consider a used boat, if so what made your decision ?

2: I was at the boat show on Sunday and the Beneteau guy was quite open to discussing in his words a 'whopping discount' on a new one but would not be led into figures until after the sea trial. Do you mind giving an indication as to what sort of deal can be achieved in the current market (PM me if you prefer) ?

Thanks

Last edited:

romans8

Visit site
New Antares 8.80

I went out to buy a new boat at Boat Show and - actually ordered Antares 7.80.

But delivery was slow, but was offered a Beneteau Antares 8.80 - so jumped at the deal.
Best thing I ever did - drives like a big boat - so much more space - great ride in all sea states.

Last edited: