Beneteau 760 steering and rudder problems

broomfield

Visit site
Hi Broomfield - sheer brute force I'm afraid - I did renew it but I got the old one welded up by a local ship repair business for use as a spare but never had to use it.

You are welcome to it for the price of the postage if that helps - I am in UK on the South Coast
Thankyou for the offer l have purchased a new one to fit once l get the old one off .

broomfield

Visit site
Hi Broomfield - sheer brute force I'm afraid - I did renew it but I got the old one welded up by a local ship repair business for use as a spare but never had to use it.

You are welcome to it for the price of the postage if that helps - I am in UK on the South Coast
Hi Paul l have finally managed to remove the Vetus Rudder arm under which is a coller where 2 earth cable are attached do you know how that colley is held in place ?

Pleinmont

Visit site
Hi Paul l have finally managed to remove the Vetus Rudder arm under which is a coller where 2 earth cable are attached do you know how that colley is held in place ?

I'm pretty sure there's an allen key grub screw or something similar that grips onto the rudder. Can't remember exactly but I took the rudder stock off a few years ago for painting and it came off quite easily. They get rusty from the deck fitting above that drips now and again.
I think a few people have had them remade in stainless once the rust gets too bad.