Beer-very important help

wiggy

Visit site
Can I freeze beer to keep it and my cool box cold. I have loads of French bottles and these would be ideal but are cans a better option?

<hr width=100% size=1>

steve28

www.falmouthgypsy.com
I have frozon both in our boat fridge by accident, they survive well but when thawed need to be tuned upside down to remix the contents.
I would not advise going for large bottles that tend to blow their tops or shatter

steve

<hr width=100% size=1>

Evadne

Visit site
I have accidentally frozen both tinned and keg beer, and both tasted truly disgusting afterwards. Best poured down the sink. Should be ok for French beer, then.

<hr width=100% size=1>

cliff

Visit site
Beer tends to go flat very quickly after being frozen and thawed out - ok if you like flat beer.

Would suggest one of the better thermionic coolers - got one last year and great for cooling the beer and keeping it cool - can also be taken home / beer shop and filled with cold beer.

<hr width=100% size=1>
hammer.thumb.gif
Stay put when I hit you!

walker

Visit site
A favourite from a skiing forum:

If you get into trouble on the mountain, write 'BRING BEER' in the snow. If you write 'HELP' then help will come, but they might not bring beer.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Cantata

Visit site
We freeze milk and use it to chill the cool-box containing the beer. When it thaws it gets used and we freeze a new one.

<hr width=100% size=1>

snowleopard

Visit site
in the days before fridges it was common to line the cool box with frozen beer cans. it meant fresh food would keep for the first week out, as long as you drank the cans from the top as they thawed.

as for quality, which is worse, warm beer or freshly thawed?

<hr width=100% size=1>

AIDY

www.ybw.com
on a similar note we freeze mineral water to take to the boat to keep the fridge cold and drink when liquid.

<hr width=100% size=1>/forums/images/icons/wink.gif <font color=blue> Regards Andy </font color=blue>