beaulieu boat jumble

AIDY

www.ybw.com
So what's it actually like. I've never been and have some free tickets. just cant make my mind up if i should go. Or is it one of those things you have to do once in your life. I here you can pick some bargains up even the stuff you have had stolen in the winter.

Brierley

Visit site
We've been, it's ok depending on what you are looking for. You need to look hard for real bargains as opposed to the professional sellers who will happily sell you stuff that you could buy cheaper via the internet!

We got 2 3-way safety lines and a double-ended safety line for £15 last time we went from a lady who had made her husband sell his boat to spend more time with the family! If we'd had kids, the lifejackets would have been a real bargain too /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Make sure you know the prices of things you might want before you go (or take a catalogue with you). We didn't buy much but our second-hand boat came pretty well stocked. We haven't bothered again as we haven't really needed anything at the time when the jumble was on.

oldharry

Visit site
Be prepared to queue in the traffic for a fair part of the time! £8.00 to get in. Loads of dealers a whole lot more expensive than Internet and Ebay - sometimes even above retail - without he comeback. 2 gallons of go juice for the round trip.

You have to save a heck of a lot of money on what you buy to make it worth while!

On the other hand if you want a Mk2 snurble Grip Thribley - its probably the only place in the country where you can get one. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also, if the light fingered brigade have stripped your boat recently, you can buy most of it back while you are there. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Heigaro

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

On the other hand if you want a Mk2 snurble Grip Thribley - its probably the only place in the country where you can get one. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Mk 3s with the bevel T/O were ten a penny at the Northern Boat Jumble which you may, or may not, have just missed. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

ShipsWoofy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mk 3s with the bevel T/O were ten a penny at the Northern Boat Jumble which you may, or may not, have just missed. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I looked everywhere and missed them, gadnammit, I have heard there was a design problem with the Mk3 and so it may be a blessing in disguise.

glashen

Visit site
You're either a Beaulieu Boat Jumble type or your not, you have to treat it as day out, probably its a a bit big to get real bargains and yes some of the dealers are more expensive than elsewhere but I've been most years since owning Glashen and enjoy it and looking about the boat I can see plenty of Beaulieu purchases,
Best Buy: Pair of Oars advertised for £8.00 the seller (Sea Scouts I think) insisted I haggled so got them for £7.00 had them for over 10 years nicked this winter, so I'm looking for replacements.

oldharry

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Best Buy: Pair of Oars advertised for £8.00 the seller (Sea Scouts I think) insisted I haggled so got them for £7.00 had them for over 10 years nicked this winter, so I'm looking for replacements.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you will be able to buy them back at Beaulieu! Hopefully not from the Sea Scouts, and I'll bet they will cost more than you paid last time you bought them!!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif