Balearic Cruising

Rob Buckley

Visit site
Hi . Im planning on cruising the balearics this may and june in my beneteau 411 and then want to leave the boat for july and august ashore to do some maintenance in mallorca or mennorca and then come back to the uk, returning september to continue east and overwinter the boat probably in sardinia. im guessing ashore storage will be cheaper than marina berth in high season.
anyone got any experience of what in proposing and suggestions on ports and self maintenance conditions likely to be imposed

[3889]

Visit site
Hi . Im planning on cruising the balearics this may and june in my beneteau 411 and then want to leave the boat for july and august ashore to do some maintenance in mallorca or mennorca and then come back to the uk, returning september to continue east and overwinter the boat probably in sardinia. im guessing ashore storage will be cheaper than marina berth in high season.
anyone got any experience of what in proposing and suggestions on ports and self maintenance conditions likely to be imposed
Not first hand experience but a friend, coincidentally a 411 owner, found it worthwhile to berth in Cartagena for a couple of months over summer, despite having to go 'backwards'.

Rob Buckley

Visit site

Rob Buckley

Visit site
Thanks for that but I don't really want to go backwards. Hoping to kill two birds with one stone. Do some maintenance and let the boat dry a bit, and not have to pay summer prices.

Ningaloo

Northern summers on Primal otherwise Perth WA
yacht-primal.com
Seriously doubt this plan will be cost effective. Balearic marinas can be €300/night and the lift out charges are probably equally wallet sapping, even if they have storage ashore.
Financially it would be better to head north to Spain or east to Sardinia.
You are still probably looking at €80/night in the cheapest marinas (my experience based on 14m last year).

WindyWindyWindy

Visit site
It's a fairly short hop back to Denia which would be cheaper.

The yard in Torrevieja told me that DIY was ok, other yards normally only tolerate it when they're quiet.

It's hot in August for physical labour.

Hooligan

Visit site
Menorca will be the cheapest place I think in the Balearics. Certainly we found this to be the case. However your chance of a marina berth for those months is likely to be absolutely zero. In Menorca I have noticed that boats are on the dry in a few places near Mahon but have no idea how one would go about this. When I was there I used a really good guy to service and maintain my boat and happy to give you his details if you wish. He has a warehouse where he winters boats but these are all motorboats but he may have some ideas. PM me for his details if you wish.