Attendees

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Re: This might be useful

Nah - most sound like "serious" and tea-total people to me (apart maybe from jimdew - who seems to have missed many an AA meeting).

Anyway - the website's all in "foreign".

sailorman

Visit site
Re: This might be useful

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nah - most sound like "serious" and tea-total people to me

[/ QUOTE ]Quite right as well..... I am well known for my abstinence!

WOTS abstinence mean /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Laurin

Visit site
We're still hopeful! Final keelbolt now with keelshaped head and off to galvaniser Monday evening. Now to check out the insurance... good to meet you guys in Ipswich.

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
[ QUOTE ]

'spose we had better let Robert know a bit nearer the time..... any of you folks that know him want to volunteer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Neil,

I think you misunderstand how "God" works./forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
He does not take bookings, especially not THAT week-end, and not for a bunch of people who may, or may not turn up over two days. It looks like the first one will turn up Friday morning (sailorman & myself) but others as late as Saturday evening.

I know he does take bookings for the Shotley MOBO lot, but they call him when they set off and he knows they will be there 4/5 hours later, all arriving within 20 mins of eachother.

As it is, you best bet is to call him on his mobile once you have reception along the Belgian coast - should be by the Westhinder buoy. He'll do his very best to squeeze you in, but those arriving on Saturday will almost certainly have to raft up. (free for all)

truantagain

Visit site
Count us in!

Hopefully we will be on a "new", at lest to us, boat.
We would very much like to leave Ipswich at 0200 on the Friday as well.

It will be our first crossing as a family and will be a nice boost to leave with others.

Really looking forward to it!

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
Great stuff Grant....

Several boats leaving at that time from the Orwell.. its actually 02h00 Sat we are leaving.... is that what you meant?... although I'm negotiating with SWMBO for the extra day!

Regardless, thats 12 confirmed now..... with a few others still debating joining in, and I guess the inevitable few drop outs, we should still have a very decent turnout...

So whats this 'new' boat then Grant?

truantagain

Visit site
Hi Neil

02h00 Sat - that is what I meant. I will do my best to get the extra day, but I'm sure it will be best used preparing.

Still negotiating the "new" boat but let's just sy it's from the benjavben stable - guaranteed to get you across the Atlantic in a severe gale (maybe not), but it seems to meet all the requirements that we currently have and suits the budget.

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers

Grant

sailorman

Visit site
well J.B all refitted ready for season + oostende

hauled friday10/03
hope to launch tomorrow ( monday 13 /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif)
all seacocks done
2 cts A/f
boot-top
polished topsides twice
changed shaft anode
greased prop + rudder stock
topped-up batteries
checked all hose clips
home by 16.00 today /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Laurin

Visit site
Insurance fixed.... yippee

Insurance now sorted.... after much negotiation... seems they had a problem with a small wooden boat crossing over to Oostende. Said we needed a survey, then sent us another insurance renewal with no mention of the survey, details saying Vreny was 44 feet long, and the premium £50 more than the one they sent 2 weeks ago. Rang them back, then they said we needed a survey just for our normal cruising ground, and started asking Pat about what experience he had. After Pat had gone through his life history of boating they asked him what bits of paper he had... don't think they were impressed with his only certificate (Sunsail intro to yachting he did when visiting me during my year off). Think this must have jogged Pat's memory and so he decided to mention that I also sail on Vreny and have enough bits of paper to start a bonfire! RESULT!!! Phonecall this morning saying that they will extend our cruising area to cover Brest to the Elb and no need to worry about a survey until next year. Yipeee another hurdle crossed!

G

I can't make the whole weekend - but happy to set off with you guys from the mouth of the Roach then turn back.

FullCircle

Visit site
<<now you know that they're not after your Duval stash...... >>

not now its down to 2 bottles.......

Saw KAS and Patrick on Saturday, they were ferreting around the Chandlers, eyeing up liferafts and stuff.