Attendees

FullCircle

Visit site
Re: 7 Weeks

grr grr grr grr grr grr
haven't done enough oif the tasks to get it wet again yet.
Lets see what this weekend brings.
7 weeks. Cripes.

FullCircle

Visit site

Assuredly the weather was crap......
1/2 the boat rubbed down for antifoul
ambassador stripper fitted
gearbox spacer fitted
kiwiprop fitted
anodes replaced
350 watt amp fitted
sub woofer fitted, watch out whales.
radar tower support struts fitted
all cushions back on board
interior wood waxed
all detritus moved back home

so next weekend....
service engine
replace fuel filter
finish rubbing hull down
antifoul.
lanolin on running gear
oxalic acid and wallpaper paste for deck and hull
wax hull
deep clean teak bits
re-mark anchor chains

launch on the 10th hopefully.

Oen

Visit site
Might come... but need some crew..?

I could probably do the trip - leaving Walton on the 25th and getting back the next Monday or so... Anyone wanting to come along and hasn't got a berth?

Or has anyone got crew they don't want on board and would be glad to be rid of...?

On second thoughts, I'll stick with responses to the first question!

(Decent yacht, big-ish, fast-ish, and comfy...)

sailorman

Visit site

wos onimus mean then. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
heard from " Hands of a Lord" today they might not make Oostende. they got back from 4 months sno-boarding last week & found Chatham COLD /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com

[ QUOTE ]
wos onimus mean then. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not just jimdew wot can use big words /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com

Actual phrase was "Hands of a woman, my lord".

Paul & Liz - Centissimus - regular attendees.
It would seem not quite ready for their 4th attempt to drink Ostend dry

FullCircle

Visit site

Been beavering away down at the yard. Taking tomorrow off to finish Lanocote to the exposed drive bits, jetwash the topsides, compound and polish the hull, and tidy up all the crap down below where I was pushed for time yesterday.
Going splash on Wednesday, ready for Friday, which I will spend attempting rerigging the boat to a similar condition as the end of 2005. I *think* I can remember it all, bit hazy on the 3rd reef.

With real ref to Ominously Quiet.... my Whale Scarer Sub Woofer, 400 Watt amp and Cockpit speakers will be the envy of all my neighbours in the Harbour, not to mention most of the passers by. I have found Dire Straits Brothers In Arms to be a very good demonstration, followed by Meteora by Linkin park for the Spotty Yoofs. This made all the dogs bark being walked along the Burnham Sea Wall. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fortunately for Mr Guapa,he will be moored at the other end of the trots, and should remain out of, if not at the limit of, the cacophony.

See you all soon.....

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com

[ QUOTE ]
Fortunately for Mr Guapa,he will be moored at the other end of the trots, and should remain out of, if not at the limit of, the cacophony.

[/ QUOTE ]
.... and with his developing reputation as a party boat, and with the addition of a junior crew, I am sure that he is quite capable of making his own cacophony....

Note to self....... avoid Burnham this year...../forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

FullCircle

Visit site

Yer see, your prob is Rog that you hug the coast having turned right out of Harwich, keeping sight of land on the right. This leads to you going up the River Blackwater until you hit the putty at Maldon-ish.
So you arent going to know where Burnham is, cos its over the (very low) horizon mate.
If you do a quick left right left jink at the Wallet Swatchway and then follow the red and green wotsits in on about 240 degrees you will see the seals and then some old bits of WD property on the right. Now that you can see both sides again, keep going until you see a load of stationary traffic in the river tied up to weedbound footballs. Burnham. See. Easy-Peasy.

Oen

Visit site
Re: Burnham

Righto, I'll hope to join in, providing I find crew...

No replies to my previous request, so I'll say again that I'd be happy to hear from anyone who wants to join in.

Otherwise, I'll see if some of my regular chaps can make it!