Arzal/LRB/Quiberon bay area - fridge compressor regassing.

Copious

Visit site
Beneteau381: Half of the chiller plate is frosty whilst the other is not. As I understand it this is indicative of low/incorrect refrigerant pressure. Let me know if you think otherwise.

Bobc. The guy who I was directed to by the Arzal marina office has recently retired but I now have a lead to a commercial refrigeration outfit nearby who have apparently done this.

Watch this space.

Beneteau381

Visit site
Beneteau381: Half of the chiller plate is frosty whilst the other is not. As I understand it this is indicative of low/incorrect refrigerant pressure. Let me know if you think otherwise.

Bobc. The guy who I was directed to by the Arzal marina office has recently retired but I now have a lead to a commercial refrigeration outfit nearby who have apparently done this.

Watch this space.
Indicative of lo gas, yes, but where did it go or get out. If you just refill it it will escape again. Usual suspects are defrosting with a pointed knife or leaking O ringsin the quick disconnects. Whichever, the leak hasto be fixed first

Roberto

sybrancaleone.blogspot.com
Does anybody have any recommendations/info on someone/company who does this?
Many thanks,
Copious
If you do not find it, then you might try doing it by yourself there are kits available.
I had the same symptoms, the top of the plate did not freeze, I added gas until the first few cm of the return pipe began to freeze. Disclaimer: I have a very old compressor which I would not mind replacing, so by curiosity I tried these "Duracool" gas cans knowing I might have to throw everything away, well a couple of years passed and the compressor still works very well, we'll see how long it lasts.

billskip

Visit site
If you do not find it, then you might try doing it by yourself there are kits available.
I had the same symptoms, the top of the plate did not freeze, I added gas until the first few cm of the return pipe began to freeze. Disclaimer: I have a very old compressor which I would not mind replacing, so by curiosity I tried these "Duracool" gas cans knowing I might have to throw everything away, well a couple of years passed and the compressor still works very well, we'll see how long it lasts.
That's fine if you know the gas pressure required (normally on a sticker/info plate ) and the fitting to connect the gas to.
I have found many systems need a valve/connection fitted/soldered to enable re-gassing