Anything like a Hunter Horizon 272 or MG Spring 25?

Tweeds

Visit site
I really like the look of these boats for the following reasons...
  1. Good sailing performance
  2. Can dry out (I know drying out the Spring has been done to death so don't want to reopen that one!)
  3. Modern look and feel.
  4. Grp moldings rather than lots of wood. Looks modern and easy to clean.
  5. Separate heads. Grp again so easy to keep clean (aversion to skanky heads!)
  6. Good headroom
  7. Around £10k.
  8. Inboard engine.
Are there any other boats that tick the same boxes that I can add to my daydream list?

A

Gixer

Visit site
Funnily enough these were to two boats I shortlisted 11 years ago. I went for a 272 in the end....

ditchcrawler

Visit site
From what I saw on the Parker website a 275 would be nearer 20k than 10k. There is a 27 for sale with Clarke and Carter at 18500 although it does have s fairly recent engine. The older Seals are advertised in the 12-14k range so you might get one of those near the 10k.

Gixer

Visit site
Me too, When I was looking the Parker's were out of my budget. I do agree though they are good spec boats.

matt1

Visit site
Not sure if this is still available but it's quite a step on from the Horizons and although smaller than the 26' (in LOA of a Horizon) has much more space. I've owned a Ranger 245 and chartered a Horizon 272 and I much prefer the Ranger. David Thomas was one of the first designers to use chines, well ahead of the French mass producers. The 245 is a bionic boat upwind in a breeze

I'll get another one when I have to downsize and can no longer handle the current boat!

Tweeds

Visit site
That's exactly the sort of thing I'll be looking for when normality returns (the 272). The Ranger looks great, and I've read good things about their performance, but I think with two 6 foot plus sons the extra couple of feet might make a difference.

ditchcrawler

Visit site
I bought a 245 in september 2020 downsizing from my Moody 31 which I had for 14 years. The 245 in the video had a lot more photographs and there was some roof strengthening and plates that had been added and the inside looked as though there had been leaks which suggests why it was cheap, and it was a probate sail.

NealB

Visit site
Tweeds ....... if the A26 appeals, it might be worth contacting Andy who run the A22 Association.

A very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful chap: A22s are his passion, but he'll know a thing or two about the A26 as well

Home - Anderson 22 Owners Association

If you can hold your breath for a while, he just might pop in here with a few words of wisdom: he's known as Seajet round these parts.

fredrussell

Visit site
Parker boats will be out of your budget but you’ll get a Super Seal 26 for £10k. Fulfills all your criteria and a lovely boat to sail.