Anyone else beginning to panic as to where to winter, 2019/20 if no deal Bre><it.

BigJoe

Visit site
Anyone else beginning to panic as to where to winter, 2019/20 if no deal Bre><it.

Wintering in the Med 2019/20, may be problematic in a no deal.
Freedom of movement may be restrict us to only 3 months out of 6, of the winter in any EU Mediterranean country.

I’m probably wrong, however, I believe the list below is our options.

Albania
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Montenegro
Turkey
Syria
Lebanon
Israel
Gaza
Egypt
Libya
Tunisia
Algeria
Morocco

Nothing jumping out, however Egypt and Tunisia, could be considered.
Anyone with any experience on visiting the above countries.

Heckler

Visit site
Re: Anyone else beginning to panic as to where to winter, 2019/20 if no deal Bre><it.

Freedom of movement may be restrict us to only 3 months out of 6, of the winter in any EU Mediterranean country.

Albania
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Montenegro
Turkey
Syria
Lebanon
Israel
Gaza
Egypt
Libya
Tunisia
Algeria
Morocco

Go to Portugal, get temporary residence for 5 years for €15 and you can stay as long as you like

davethedog

Visit site
Re: Anyone else beginning to panic as to where to winter, 2019/20 if no deal Bre><it.

How? Do you lose any Uk rights etc, eg healthcare

sailaboutvic

Visit site

Albania
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Montenegro
Turkey
Syria
Lebanon
Israel
Gaza
Egypt
Libya
Tunisia
Algeria
Morocco

Morocco/ Turkey/Tunisia/Albania/Montenegro none is a problem . As it happen we in n Tunisia now Syria , its been so e years , not sure I be happy to go there at the moment or any time soon Israel we been looking at , watch this space .

RupertW

Visit site

As mentioned to me by Vic, Croatia is also a possibility until some point in 2020. I love the place but wouldn't fancy a winter there.

Metabarca

Visit site

Border to border along the coast in Bosnia is about 8 km... although nearer 40 if you follow all the ins and outs. Only one resort and no marina, so not much help to you...

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site

How? Do you lose any Uk rights etc, eg healthcare

No. UK aren't notified and as long as you don't tell them you've emigrated, no-one knows. Portuguese residence also allows free health care and Portuguese EHIC card to use in rest of EU if UK comes out of the scheme.

Last edited:

AndrewB

Visit site

Anyone else beginning to panic as to where to winter, 2019/20.
Yes. We are in Greece, and hoping to get temporary residency to cover next winter. After that, knowing the Greeks, it will be old news and no-one will be bothered as long as we don't make a nuisance of ourselves.

All those countries listed above have entry restrictions at least as strict as the EU. What we need to know is which ones turn a blind eye. Not Montenegro or Turkey in my experience.

jordanbasset

Visit site

Go to Portugal, get temporary residence for 5 years for €15 and you can stay as long as you like

Is it really that simple?

Brilliant so I can fly in, thinking about it I can drive from here, and pay my £15 and get temporary residence for 5 years - brilliant, will be back in Spain late that evening. Can you tell me where I go, some where close to the Spanish border would be good.

nortada

Visit site

Brilliant so I can fly in, thinking about it I can drive from here, and pay my £15 and get temporary residence for 5 years - brilliant, will be back in Spain late that evening. Can you tell me where I go, some where close to the Spanish border would be good.

Welcome to this thread; do I detect a hint of disbelief?

jordanbasset

Visit site

Welcome to this thread; do I detect a hint of disbelief?

Just a modicum, but if it really is the case that I just turn up and pay my £15 and get temporary residence for 5 years then millions in the UK would be interested.
What we do know is that temporary residence in one country does not give you unlimited free movement across the rest of Schengen, as we have discussed before.

Last edited:

Garold

Visit site

At £15 per country, it would worth doing most of the Med ones though. ?

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site

Just a modicum, but if it really is the case that I just turn up and pay my £15 and get temporary residence for 5 years then millions in the UK would be interested.
What we do know is that temporary residence in one country does not give you unlimited free movement across the rest of Schengen, as we have discussed before.

Only slight problem with flying visit is the need for an address which can be a marina, boatyard or apartment rental agreement.

Poignard

Visit site

"Anyone else beginning to panic ..."

I never panic, although I do have a highly-developed sense of urgency ........:ambivalence:

nortada

Visit site

Depends how you define simple.:rolleyes:

If you are looking for a quick fix and are rumbled by the Camara, it could go from simple to impossible very quickly.:disgust:

However, if you play by the rules and establish a residential address (short term let) or bring your own address with you (boat or motor home) - simple.:encouragement:

Last edited: