Any feedback about this training center?

fab

Visit site
Hello,

Is there anyone who already took a course with Cornish cruising? They are located in Cornwall.

They seem to be very serious and well organized plus they have a descent fleet. That would be for
a fast track program which seems to be much cheaper with them than other big schools located in
the South of England.

I will really appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance

andytrombone

Visit site
Hi Fab,
they are excellent!!

I have been doing the development course with Cornish Cruising. Due to my circumstances I have had to divide it up into sections over the last 2 years which was no problem at all. They have worked out a schedule which suited me and changed it at short notice when required with no hassle.

The instructors both shorebased and on the water are very knowledgeable and experienced and come from a wide variety of backgrounds i.e. my VHF instructor was the former head coastguard at Falmouth, my ISAF and Sea Survival instructor was a retired survival instructor from the Parachute Regiment who now manages an RNLI station, and my Radar instructor was a former merchant seaman!!

Nick Jordan (the owner) is very personable and approachable, drop him an email, he will get back to you promptly and you will get to train in some of the best waters in the UK.

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

Andy Gray

shaxi

N/A
Visit site
Cornish cruising? first time to hear that ,but thanks for andy's answer !
it is helpful !:)

g.gif

Stork_III

Visit site
Hello,

Is there anyone who already took a course with Cornish cruising? They are located in Cornwall.

They seem to be very serious and well organized plus they have a descent fleet. That would be for
a fast track program which seems to be much cheaper with them than other big schools located in
the South of England.

You might want to read this thread. http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247439&highlight=CORNISH+CRUISING

lustyd

Visit site
I did dayskipper with them and was impressed. I later tried to charter a yacht (Polbream) but the keel was found to be missing the week before I was to take her out. Full and immediate refund was given and Nick even phoned around everywhere in Cornwall trying to find a replacement boat for us. Excellent service all round.
Cheers
Dave

jerrytug

N/A
Visit site
I did a YM Coastal prep with them, and the instructor was excellent. Some fast trackers took the YM Coastal practical exam with me,but they dropped out almost immediately,,being devoid of wind awareness,unable to sail the boat,unable to tie any common knot,etc. Whoever advised them to take a practical YM exam with such total lack of ability must have been taking the p1ss. Apart from that thorny question,I would recommend CC fully,top instructors and as written above,Nick`s a nice chap. Jerry.

rotrax

South Oxon, Littlehampton and Wellington, NZ.
Visit site
Hello,

the South of England.

Seen one of their boats with trainees aboard and said hallo. Boat was in good shape and the skipper appeared to be doing a good job. Crew were smiling so it must have been fun as well as training.