Am I being unreasonable?

crisjones

Visit site
We had. A problem some years back , in our winter Marina , we had a Germany couple just four boat away that kept birds in cages , right on the stern of their boat , if that's not bad enough they would go away for days at a end and leave the birds out , these birds would sing from morning till night and to top it up it encourages wild birdsp to arrive in bundles and crap over the boats , so much that if left his boat you come back to find his deck covered in crap .
Putting that to one side how do you keep a cat away from that ? Well in the end we moved ,
so did other boats on the pontoon some next to us , they rather have a cat that might wonder on their boat then to wake up every morning and clean bird crap .

It seems like the canaries have moved to Rocella so we will have them for the winter - fortunately our berth seems like it will be far enough away not to have any problems!! Not sure if the distance will be enough to keep the owner away though :)

sailaboutvic

Visit site
It seems like the canaries have moved to Rocella so we will have them for the winter - fortunately our berth seems like it will be far enough away not to have any problems!! Not sure if the distance will be enough to keep the owner away though :)
Yes , So I understand , I wonder if he will again fit his washing machine on the pontoon and pump out soppy water .
Eddie still dreams of a nice bird pie .

Ric

Visit site
You can buy electronic cat deterrents on amazon for about €25. They have an IR detector which triggers a random high pitched frequency whenever a cat-sized body is in range. They are very effective. My neighbour's cat (who was a a rescue cat and had lived in an apartment most of his life) developed an annoying habit of pooping on my lawn, possibly finding it the nearest subsititute for a litter tray. He stopped immediately as soon as I installed the deterrent.

mariadz

Visit site
We have two cats on board and recognise that going on other boats can be a problem. Fortunately we are on a pontoon with a number of happy boat owners since we do not get rats and few bird droppings.

I agree it is not the cats fault and punishing the cat or trying to kill it by drowning is not the way forward. Someone previously mentioned the citrus repellant and that is a good way forward.

Interestingly we have a problem with another cat in the area who uses some boats as a little tray. Clearly this is a big problem, but interestingly those impacted by this have said that they remain happy for our cats to go on board and control pests! We are active,y helping them overcome the other problem though.

As always communication is key, no one wants their pets to be a nuisance to others.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
In Licata some years back we had four cats on our pontoon , one would wonder on boats , we also had a polish boat who would complain most morning on the morning net about the cat , in the end they moved to the other side of the Marina .
Within a week there had a rat on board which cost then quite a lots in damages ,
They did ask to come back on our pontoon but by then other people have taken their place to be near the cats .

Carmel2

Visit site
In Licata some years back we had four cats on our pontoon , one would wonder on boats , we also had a polish boat who would complain most morning on the morning net about the cat , in the end they moved to the other side of the Marina .
Within a week there had a rat on board which cost then quite a lots in damages ,
They did ask to come back on our pontoon but by then other people have taken their place to be near the cats .

Which side did he move to Vic? Concrete factory side or the adult day care side?