All this tosh about tacking...

l'escargot

Visit site
What is it with Mobos that they complain about Raggies tacking in front of them, don't they know anything about boats at all? What do they think the steering wheel is for?

Just go round us and get on with your day. :D

Coaster

Visit site
Are you suggesting that MoBo rudeness & ignorance takes years of development then? :confused:

No, I'm suggesting that any courteous boat user inevitably becomes acquainted with rudeness and ignorance. Poor behaviour can come from oiks in sailing boats, motor boats, rowing boats or any other watercraft. Fortunately, in the areas I frequent there is very little discourtesy, except from some commercial craft.

The reason I responded to the OP is that some forum members seem to tar with the same brush all users of a particular boat type. I expect that much comment is made tongue in cheek but I find it hard to resist responding to what seems to be gross unfairness.

Perhaps I take posts here too seriously.

l'escargot

Visit site
No, I'm suggesting that any courteous boat user inevitably becomes acquainted with rudeness and ignorance. Poor behaviour can come from oiks in sailing boats, motor boats, rowing boats or any other watercraft. Fortunately, in the areas I frequent there is very little discourtesy, except from some commercial craft.

The reason I responded to the OP is that some forum members seem to tar with the same brush all users of a particular boat type. I expect that much comment is made tongue in cheek but I find it hard to resist responding to what seems to be gross unfairness.

Perhaps I take posts here too seriously.

Perhaps you should have a look over on the Mobo forum sometime - you may understand the context of the original post better.

ricky_s

Visit site
What is it with Mobos that they complain about Raggies tacking in front of them, don't they know anything about boats at all? What do they think the steering wheel is for?

Just go round us and get on with your day. :D

We are happy to dodge around you, though turning sharply may well produce more wash! :D

VO5

Visit site
I know it is sometimes confusing for us raggies, but there again one ought to consider not everybody has the ability to steer a perfectly straight course.:eek: