Advice please

GODOT

Visit site
I have a boat on the Hamble, it has just gone back in the water after being polished. A friend told me a scruffy little boat came alongside and moored itself to me rather than atcching itself to one of the many similaryly scruffy boats. He was moved to admonish them for their lack of common courtesy in respecting my winter's labour. Was he correct to do so, or should he just have bit his lip?

Sans Bateau

Visit site
Dont worry GODOT, your post is getting the response I would expect, I dare say when you posted you were pretty angry.

I suspect that the owner of the scruffy boat, see's his 'pride and joy' very differently, and did not want to tie up to a scruffy boat, seeing your bright and shinny example more in keeping with his own, err, pride and joy. I'd have told him to 'F' off as well!:D

Pete7

Visit site
Did your friend ascertain which club the fellow belonged too? Be one of those common blue ensign lot no doubt :rolleyes:

A letter to his Commodore would be appropriate.

Pete

D

Deleted member 36384

There is only one option, haul out and repolish. If you don't the smell will be there all season.
Your friend was quite right but he should have slapped the common person; it's all they understand.

Heckler

Visit site
I have a boat on the Hamble, it has just gone back in the water after being polished. A friend told me a scruffy little boat came alongside and moored itself to me rather than atcching itself to one of the many similaryly scruffy boats. He was moved to admonish them for their lack of common courtesy in respecting my winter's labour. Was he correct to do so, or should he just have bit his lip?
http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270432

Other threads that may be of interest