A bit of snow

andyb

Visit site
And everything comes to a standstill, why?
Just had a call from the driver delivering a coach to us , who's stuck on the A24. I mean, it's not like it's the Yorkshire Moors.

I have an Aunt who lives in Onterio, who frequently has to brush snow off her car so the snow plow drivers don't run into it!
What they think of us over here I dread to think. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Where the hell is this global warming when you want some? I see the climate change beardies have gone to ground recently. All this cold weather sort of buggers up their theories a bit.

AJW

Visit site
Having emmigrated to Canada last November and a fair way through my first winter in Newfoundland, I can tell you that wry amusement about the collapse of civilisation in UK when it snows is an understatement! Folks ask me "do you get snow in England?'" and when I tell 'em rarely but when we get 2cm the world stops they look at me in disbelief! Of course I know that over here we're more prepared etc etc but it is funny.

Yesterday we were forecast 5-10cm during the day. We actually got 40-50cm. Got home to second day in new house to find SWMBO's car stuck at the end of the drive and a 100m expanse of 40cm deep snow between the road and the garage. A swift phone call later and a JCB does the job for 50 bucks. Much easier on the back than shoveling!

Roll on spring...