12V92TA 1080HP Detroit Diesel engines -2 Stroke Diesel

BB1

Visit site
tbh you might be correct 80T might be the volume , not the weight of the boat

Still I would rate the SL 70 a bit heavier to the Maiora which weigh in between 55 to 60t.

The SL72 is more or less the same length but wider. So may be 60t would be correct.
Yes could be RT

MapisM

Visit site
I couldn’t do it let go of the Itama
It's not like you can't find flybridge boats with old school deep vee hulls, if you really feel you'd be missing something without it.
Italcraft 58, Tecnomarine 62 and Baia 60 spring to mind.

Not that I'm recommending them over SL/VZ/Canados/CdP/Alalunga, mind.
These are all superior in more ways than one, and the deeper vee of the former hulls is only good as a dockside chat topic, in practice.

PowerYachtBlog

www.poweryachtblog.com
It's not like you can't find flybridge boats with old school deep vee hulls, if you really feel you'd be missing something without it.
Italcraft 58, Tecnomarine 62 and Baia 60 spring to mind.

Not that I'm recommending them over SL/VZ/Canados/CdP/Alalunga, mind.
These are all superior in more ways than one, and the deeper vee of the former hulls is only good as a dockside chat topic, in practice.

As seakeeping go I would take the Alalunga first, followed by Italcraft, and then Canados (70S), and then followed by Tecnomarine.
Buildquality; Sanlorenzo, Cantieri di Pisa, VZ, Canados, and Alalunga (if in GRP from mid ninety onwards it is better to Canados).

The thing about Amati's Itama and Deep Vee is the perfect balance they have, along with other technical details (shaft angle, extended rudders on some models) which made them run extremely in the speeds they operate, and they are also build extemely strong. The46/50 for example weighed as much if not more to similar flybridge boats of similar size (20/22t) and there is no marble in these boats, so that was purely overbuild fiberglass.
I think in between the 20-30 knots bracket they are top of the bunch to any other machine including a Magnum, but its very close in some models.

MapisM

Visit site
I'm aware of Spertini (Alalunga) reputation for building excellent hulls, but in my previous post I didn't include them in the "deep vee group" because I've seen two of them in flesh on the hard, and neither were any different from the usual mid tens degrees stern deadrise that you find on these boats.
My impression was that in those hulls, the deadrise increased faster than others when moving towards the bow, but I never went to see boats with a goniometer in my pocket...
...also because in real world, as I'm sure you know even better than myself, everyone who is interested in boats like these buys based on conditions and/or personal preference for layout etc., often without even knowing what the deadrise is.
A boater who cares about their hull shape and design is something that - if ever happened back when these boats were built - is simply not going to happen anymore nowadays.
Aside from if and when Portofino will be on the market for one, of course.

Last edited: