‘Preavis Immigration’/Notice of Arrival

Slowboat35

Visit site
Still no-one able to provide links to preavis forms for various ports?
Why is this information being treated as though it's a valuable secret not to be divulged?

John_Silver

allatseawithstargazer.blogspot.com
Still no-one able to provide links to preavis forms for various ports?
Why is this information being treated as though it's a valuable secret not to be divulged?
Here are some Preavis links which I have book marked: Le Havre, where we are at the moment. (Dieppe, where we entered Schengen earlier in the week, does not require a form- just turn up at the ferry terminal to have your passport stamped). Cherbourg, Roscoff. Not sure what I've done with the Brest one.
Worth saying that, having entered/left five times now, through various of the above ports, its all pretty easy going. For example, when I diligently completed two on line preavis (weather changed plans) for Cherbourg, last May, when I arrived at the Police Aux frontier's office, they asked me to fill out a paper form. Unable to access the on line ones. No problem was made of that. Nor that I had arrived the previous evening; but chose to combine my visit to the PaF with the next morning's baguette run. No problem either, in Dieppe, about stamping out the afternoon before our dawn departure for the UK. Leading me to strongly suspect that, provided one did so in a timely manner, it would be quite acceptable, to the PaF manning the desks, to simply turn up and then fill in whatever paperwork was required. All the PaF, which I have encountered, just wanted to be helpful and get the requisite boxes ticked.

Last edited:

lustyd

Visit site
I'm clearly missing something - presumably even if you fill in the online preavis form, you still have to physically to to get your passport stamped?
Yes very much so, and out too. Later in the year that stamp may become digital in EU and UK which will be more faff to find a machine.
I used a form on the way in digitally but if the border control person knew about my form I’d be shocked. I didn’t have a way to print it and he didn’t ask.