UK to Eire- can we travel yet?

Kelpie

Visit site
I'm getting pretty confused wading through various government web pages. Does anybody know what the latest is on travel from the UK to the Republic of Ireland, by private boat?
Thanks

Kelpie

Visit site
Strictly, no you can't if it's not essential travel and even if you do you have to quarantine for 14 days on arrival
Thank you for that, I did fear that that might be the case. Hopefully all changing soon enough though...

Bilgediver

Visit site
I'm getting pretty confused wading through various government web pages. Does anybody know what the latest is on travel from the UK to the Republic of Ireland, by private boat?
Thanks

Listen to the coastguard broadcasts on Channel 60 whatever it is near you. So long as you comply with instructions when returning to the UK you should be fine. There is a Yachtline number that you could call for info and it is the same number you need to call when returning to the UK. There may also be Rules for arrival in Ireland

National Yachtline

Seven Spades

Visit site
There are no restrictions on going to and from the ROI from the UK. But the Irish government has closed the borders to foreigners, however they are now jabbing the under 50's so it won't be long before their infections drop off a cliff and they re-open. My guess is they will open mid-June.

If you travel from the ROI to Northern Ireland then thence to the UK at no point do you have to call the National Yacht Line, you only have to call them if you come directly from the ROI to the UK.

Kelpie

Visit site
There are no restrictions on going to and from the ROI from the UK. But the Irish government has closed the borders to foreigners.

I'm finding these two statements somewhat contradictory.

Btw we aren't interested in whether we can get back in to the UK, well not for a couple of years anyway.

Zing

Visit site
I thought travel in the CTA was permitted within the current restrictions regime. Have I misunderstood?

Seven Spades

Visit site
The English parliament are happy for us to come and go from the CTA. Arrival in the Republic of Ireland is not permitted. In Gurensey they have a whole loads of rules including filling out an online form. Some parts of England are designated as Category 2 which means you only need a covidf test on arrival and to wait for the result then you are free to move around with limited restrictions. other parts are category 3 and if you are in category 3 then it isnt worth the hassle.

Country and Regional Classifications | States of Guernsey - COVID-19

Kelpie

Visit site
There is still a mandatory 14 day quarantine on arrival in Eire from the UK.

Look at the Government's websites !
Thanks, I just get confused with whether information is current or not. And it can be hard to work out what applies to people not travelling through normal channels (airports etc). Will take another look.

JumbleDuck

Visit site
The Irish government instructions seem clear enough:

iCtYcTv.png