Seagull Water Filters

Hurricane

Visit site
We used to use the simple blue Jabsco carbon filters for the galley and ice maker.
But this year, we were suckered into buying one of these at LIBS last January.

http://www.purewateronline.co.uk/420400-Nature-Pure-Quick-Change-with-Faucet.html

Earlier in the year, I fitted it in the galley and we have used it a lot this year.
SWMBO used to insist on bottled water for everything and she loves her cuppa tea in the mornings.
But this year we switched to using the extra tap that I've fitted in the galley sink and we hardly use any bottled water since.

Now here's the problem.
I can't get any spare filters and it seems that they are now out of stock of the Nature Pure unit itself.
I tried earlier this year to get a spare filter but it seems to have been out of stock all year.
Does that mean we have been suckered into buying some old stock?
I didn't like the guy who was selling it at LIBS anyway.
There was something wrong with his attitude but SWMBO liked the idea so we bought one.

If they knew at the time and were just offloading their stock, I won't buy again from them and look for an alternative.
The idea works - I'm just a bit disappointed with their apparent lack of being able to supply the spares.
The kit does seem to work well.

I've googled and there seems to be some sub standard filters out there but it would be good to find ANYONE who stocks (or can supply) a filter replacement for this system.

Anyone got any ideas.

Hurricane

Visit site

sarabande

Visit site
This has been going on for some time. There is a story that in the UK the original, high quality filters supplied with the new machines were taken out, and replaced by filters of less functional efficiency (and much cheaper, too). The premium filters were then sold on at a higher price.

Perhaps we could all get together and put in a bulk order from the States to get a decent discount and carriage costs ?

Hurricane

Visit site
I chased my email this morning and they got back to me.
Here is the response

Reference: Your Email Dated October 17, 2017 – 420400 Nature Pure® Quick Change with Faucet

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in responding to your inquiry.

General Ecology, Inc. is confident that the canisters in question were sold only to the RV market, not marine. The canister that you received with your System would have been the correct canister.

A new Distributor for the UK has recently been appointed. Nova Leisure should have stock available soon. Contact information follows:

Nova Leisure
Century Park
Ballin Road
Nuneaton
Warwickshire
CV10 9GA
Tel: +44(0)2476 390112
Fax: +44 (0)2476 390110

www.novaleisure.com
karl@novaleisure.com

In the meantime, systems and replacement cartridges/canisters may be purchased directly from us at the numbers or address listed below. Once you have decided which item and the quantity needed, upon receipt of a complete shipping address and phone number, we would be pleased to provide pricing, with shipping charges, for your order. When you are ready to order, please send your order information via email. We would recommend that you send your credit card information with card number, expiration date and security code via fax (610-363-0412) for security purposes, or alternatively we invite you to call (from the UK) Toll Free +1 844 4418166 for direct customer assistance with the credit card information.

Thank you again for your inquiry. We appreciate your continued use of our products. Our Customer Service Department is available by phone, 800-441-8166/610-363-7900), M-F, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (EST) and by facsimile (610-363-0412) or email (info@generalecology.com) 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Our address is 151 Sheree Blvd., Exton, PA 19341.

Sincerely,

Margo L. Stanton

Marketing Services

General Ecology, Inc.

Nova seems to be distributors so we may not be able to deal direct with them.