Scuttlebutt Cherbourg Cruise 2011

Sailfree

Visit site
YC dinner

We are the victims of our on sucess in that the greater the numbers the less the YC can cater for choice. At 60 we are near the maximum number - hence we needed to make one choice.

The menu Fergus suggested would please the most and I agreed is:-

Rocket and smoked ham salad with melon sorbet
Steak with maitre d'hotel sauce
Cheese
Assorted pastries

There will be a vegi option please advise me if you want vegi.

Price is 35Euro collected at the table in CASH!!

Extra wine and drinks ordered at the table must be paid for on delivery.

I am sure you appreciate the YC cannot keep tabs on a group of 60-70 with individual drinks bills (there will be a quantity of wine included with the meal) or a few individuals wishing to pay by credit card. I get the total bill and need to pay it. This has gone well in previous years with one person from each table collecting that tables money and your co-operation is appreciated. Please be ready for the odd crew member that sits on another table to be able to pay for the meal on that table.

Last year a number of boats sat their crews on a number of tables and the complete mix seemed to work very well. Please discuss with your crew whether they want to do this this year and don't all fight to join the table with the attractive woman as she will most likely already be married to a fellow formite!!

Most important - enjoy!!

Talbot

Visit site
Any suggestions for an afternoon venue instead of pontoon if its raining?? At present YC seems the best option.

If Rick and I are berthed together, there is going to be a lot of space in my cockpit and saloon, and if he is happy to do so as well, the two of us should be able to accomodate a sizeable percentage of us.

Dont forget please that we need to be on the non-finger side of the pontoon as we will not fit between the fingers.

Sailfree

Visit site
Dont forget please that we need to be on the non-finger side of the pontoon as we will not fit between the fingers.

I can arrange discount berthing but cherbourg only does first come, first served for berthing.

You could try to contact them and see if they will reserve a place.

KREW2

Visit site
Doesn't look like I will be able to make it. Iv'e been struggling to walk for three weeks, I was hoping things would improve with rest, but they have got worse, I have just been to the doc who has referred me for keyhole surgery on my knee. He has offered me some strong pain killers. Should they work I may have a word with the rest of the crew about bringing me along as a passenger, but I'm not holding out too much hope.
I'm gutted, not just for myself, but for rest of the lads who I know will be dissapointed.
Sailfree, thats Almada with 4 crew

Sailfree

Visit site
Doesn't look like I will be able to make it. Iv'e been struggling to walk for three weeks, I was hoping things would improve with rest, but they have got worse, I have just been to the doc who has referred me for keyhole surgery on my knee. He has offered me some strong pain killers. Should they work I may have a word with the rest of the crew about bringing me along as a passenger, but I'm not holding out too much hope.
I'm gutted, not just for myself, but for rest of the lads who I know will be dissapointed.
Sailfree, thats Almada with 4 crew

Hope it quickly improves even if not in time for Cherbourg soon after.

prv

Visit site
Right.

Checked my crew is still up for it.

Made arrangements for insurance (our usual cover is UK only).

Just need to sit down and come up with a more concrete passage plan, and we're sorted.

Oh, and bribe Simon to lay on some decent weather :D

Pete

Martin_J

Visit site
Sailfree..
After seeing a few people decide they might not be able to go... I have done the opposite and decided that I might be able to go.. .
Could you add Jubilant to the list please and we'll set off from Portsmouth and aim for St Vaast on the Friday followed by Cherbourg on the Saturday morning.
(Two persons on board!)... Many thanks Martin_J

Talulah

Visit site
Last year a number of boats sat their crews on a number of tables and the complete mix seemed to work very well. Please discuss with your crew whether they want to do this this year and don't all fight to join the table with the attractive woman as she will most likely already be married to a fellow formite!!

3 single woman on Talulah. However, oilies request is for an XL, L and M so draw your own conclusions!
Could just be that the XL knows she has to add many layers to stay warm.

You may have guessed from the above that work is pretty boring and Friday night won't come quick enough.

Sailfree

Visit site
3 single woman on Talulah. However, oilies request is for an XL, L and M so draw your own conclusions!
Could just be that the XL knows she has to add many layers to stay warm.

You may have guessed from the above that work is pretty boring and Friday night won't come quick enough.

It might make an interesting mix if they decide to join you for the YC meal