Sailtimer Wind Instrument RB, latest model - FREE

ewssails

Visit site
FREE - Sailtimer Wind Instrument RB / 2019
FREE - Sailtimer Wind Instrument / 2018

I am parting with my Sailtimer Wind Instruments. My loss and liberation, your gain.

1 * Sailtimer Wind Instrument RB 2019. The latest model RB. Retail price $ 549.-. It was up my mast 3 weeks, then the bearing for the Wind Cups seized and started squealing badly. Needs new bearings according to the manufacturer.

1 * Sailtimer Wind Instrument 2018. Doesn’t charge. Retail was $ 449.-I suspect a defective battery or defective solar panel. This unit never worked and was replaced by the manufacturer under warranty by the above. The unit is all sealed in epoxy, so any repair attempt would require some “slaughter”.

Both units have no mechanical damage and come with the original mounting hardware.

I am sure the RB model should be able to be fixed. According to the manufacturer it only needs a new bearing set. But I have tried now for 1 year to get this going and I am just done. I don’t want to deal with this company or product anymore. So whoever wants these instruments can have them for free.

I am currently cruising in the Philippines and shipping cost would be on the buyer/receiver. Send me a message if you want these units.

ewssails

Visit site
Please, this is not a joke. These two units fit in a box 20 cm × 30 cm × 6 cm. And to somebody who is willing to deal with fixing these, transport cost and dealing with the manufacturer this should be of considerable value.
Just because these units are not worth anything to me doesn't mean they are not worth anything to somebody else.

vas

Visit site
interested (mainly to take them apart and explore them tbh) but depends on what the shipping to Greece would be from where you are.
Care an estimate?

cheers

V.

MexicoGaffer

Visit site
FREE - Sailtimer Wind Instrument RB / 2019
FREE - Sailtimer Wind Instrument / 2018

I am parting with my Sailtimer Wind Instruments. My loss and liberation, your gain.

1 * Sailtimer Wind Instrument RB 2019. The latest model RB. Retail price $ 549.-. It was up my mast 3 weeks, then the bearing for the Wind Cups seized and started squealing badly. Needs new bearings according to the manufacturer.

1 * Sailtimer Wind Instrument 2018. Doesn’t charge. Retail was $ 449.-I suspect a defective battery or defective solar panel. This unit never worked and was replaced by the manufacturer under warranty by the above. The unit is all sealed in epoxy, so any repair attempt would require some “slaughter”.

Both units have no mechanical damage and come with the original mounting hardware.

I am sure the RB model should be able to be fixed. According to the manufacturer it only needs a new bearing set. But I have tried now for 1 year to get this going and I am just done. I don’t want to deal with this company or product anymore. So whoever wants these instruments can have them for free.

I am currently cruising in the Philippines and shipping cost would be on the buyer/receiver. Send me a message if you want these units.
Hi, coming late to the party here. Did you get this to work? I've been in the pipe since 2016 and have not gotten them to work. Now they are getting sticky with me for sending back the last one and talking collection agency, etc. which is really not what I expected for a newcomer in the yacht product world nor did I expect such a consistent negative attitude. (Ok, I'm average computer user but nope, I can't make this work!). Do let me know if convenient to you...

MexicoGaffer

Visit site
Hi, coming late to the party here. Did you get this to work? I've been in the pipe since 2016 and have not gotten them to work. Now they are getting sticky with me for sending back the last one and talking collection agency, etc. which is really not what I expected for a newcomer in the yacht product world nor did I expect such a consistent negative attitude. (Ok, I'm average computer user but nope, I can't make this work!). Do let me know if convenient to you...
I should add that means 4@ Sailtimer Instruments + 1@ MiniServer. I'm feeling like Fox Mulder here, 'I wanted to believe'. But seriously...