Sailorman: missing in action?

johnalison

Visit site
I don't think we need to get overly worried yet. I have (fairly frail) friends who acquired Covid from hospital contacts and tested positive but never developed active disease.

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
+4

As my late Father ( a GP) would have said... you need to be well to go into a hospital!!
They're unhealthy places - full of sick people!
Initial flippant reaction apart, I've had Covid-19 (at least, I had all the right symptoms - I had it before testing was widespread). I was lucky - it didn't affect my breathing. But it did make me very weak - the first time I realized something was wrong was when I was walking with my wife and a friend - I'm usually striding out ahead, but on this occasion, I was straggling behind. It's a rotten experience, and I hope Sailorman recovers quickly.

Last edited:

Capt Popeye

Visit site
Wishing Sailorman all the very very best for a good if not full recovery; this or his, sittuation though raises a couple of issues with me (from recent experience)
Can someone with Power of Atourney object to a patient being transfered into a Covid Ward or Area from a general or other ward, on health grounds plus patients wishes ?

With this Covid can a Patient be diagnosed as Covid but only carrying externally the Virus ? cause in a Hospital all or most of the Staff are working , eating (restaurants), travelling, dealing with, many patients so poss taking the Covid around with them ?

Charlie Boy

Visit site
Wishing Sailorman all the very very best for a good if not full recovery; this or his, sittuation though raises a couple of issues with me (from recent experience)
Can someone with Power of Atourney object to a patient being transfered into a Covid Ward or Area from a general or other ward, on health grounds plus patients wishes ?

With this Covid can a Patient be diagnosed as Covid but only carrying externally the Virus ? cause in a Hospital all or most of the Staff are working , eating (restaurants), travelling, dealing with, many patients so poss taking the Covid around with them ?

You don’t have to be on a Covid ward to catch it. And don’t forget that it is now endemic amongst the staff. 30% of cases are asymptomatic so even though the staff are all issued with testing kits for use twice a week it can still be missed. Furthermore, hospitals are now probably the one remaining place where people still meet in groups.
Which is all to say that the disease is out of control, so being transferred or not is largely immaterial.

Stork_III

Visit site
Hi there Mr D oM thank you, understand that there are 2 types of PoA, one Financial the other Health, roughly; so if someone holds a Health type one on someone, can they insit that a Patient is NOT placed in a Covid Ward unless showing signs of the Virus ?

They can probably invoke Public Health Act 1984 to overide any PoA rights.

pvb

Visit site
They can probably invoke Public Health Act 1984 to overide any PoA rights.

The NHS can do virtually anything it wants, like it did last March, when it instructed hospitals to discharge a load of elderly patients into care homes without first checking that the patients were virus-free. Result? Loads of people died from the virus in care homes.

The one thing the NHS can't do, however, is organise anything properly.

Charlie Boy

Visit site
The NHS can do virtually anything it wants, like it did last March, when it instructed hospitals to discharge a load of elderly patients into care homes without first checking that the patients were virus-free. Result? Loads of people died from the virus in care homes.

The one thing the NHS can't do, however, is organise anything properly.

That’s a bit unfair. The NHS is actually pretty good at organising when Central Government stops interfering.