Sailing Channels and the new world order.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
We have between 20 and 25 with liveaboads but we may just as well be the only boat as we very rarely see anyone , everyone keep below now and then someone will be on deck , there four on our pontoon two that just brought their boat last year to go cruising another one forumate from here and my self .
Sad part there a couple of boats where one of then when back to sort stuff out and now can't get back .
The marina office is close but there a staff member about each day and they still dropping of parcels which is good .
We do have a super market Jsu out side the marina which is handily although I think some of us rather it be some what further so we can have a nice long walk.
Everyone still jolly and on the Morning VHF there banter but there no doubt it's getting to everyone .
I sure like you SL everyone is preparing for a long lock down at the very less June if it when on much longer then that I not sure how people will cope,
Publicly we all say we solder on no matter how long if it's Takes months or year , in reality some how I don't think it's that simple.

Star-Lord

Visit site
Sardinia Mayor is already preparing for after lockdown with distancing and no over crowding being a priority.
Btw the laundry has shut down till April 3. It was a nice walk!

I think sitting this out in a marina is a good option.

Btw I know there are some decent all weather anchorages in Greece.. could be an option if you need to leave the marina. This idea has crossed my mind but I think Greek hospitals not as well equipped or too far away?

Visit site
I think we all end up going stir crazy at some point , believe me when I say there nothing enjoyable being on a boat when your lock down, only consolation is when the sun comes out we can sit on deck and enjoy the warm rays .
Our main aim is trying to find things to keep us busy which lucky on a boat that not too hard .
The real concern we all have is how long this is going to go on for.
The real concern is still being here when it ends.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Sardinia Mayor is already preparing for after lockdown with distancing and no over crowding being a priority.
Btw the laundry has shut down till April 3. It was a nice walk!

I think sitting this out in a marina is a good option.

Btw I know there are some decent all weather anchorages in Greece.. could be an option if you need to leave the marina. This idea has crossed my mind but I think Greek hospitals not as well equipped or too far away?
There plenty of anchorages in Greece where you can sit out blow,
30 years sailing in and out of Greece we know many , but it won't help being there if this lock down continue ,
At the moment as we understand it there no moment of boats in Greece .
if we was one day earlier we could had sailed to Malta , that was out plain,
we even send our Heath Document to Malta DOH two days earlier and got the OK , but on the day we was to sail we woke up to find Italy was on a lock down and not long after that Malta shut its door for boats coming from Sicily .
Thinking back now and has you said we better off still in the marina , at less we have power and water although we have water maker and a 4K Gen on board but it would still mean going a shore for supplies and I don't think there any movement in Malta now and any bad weather mean we wouldn't have to move from one side of the island to the other for shelter or go into a marina .
So here we are and I guess like everyone else here we stay until we can leave .

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Perhaps less enjoyable than you've been used to but a touch better than living in a flat in a city tower block where the expression "stir crazy" would seem to be appropriate.

Agreed. When we left the boat, we only spent a week in the apartment before flying home and that was enough for me, would rather be locked in the boatyard than there. Got a bit upset this afternoon to hear from staff girls in the local Tesco, that many customers are being very aggressive towards them about following the spacing and direction rules.

Visit site
Agreed. When we left the boat, we only spent a week in the apartment before flying home and that was enough for me, would rather be locked in the brroatyard than there. Got a bit upset this afternoon to hear from staff girls in the local Tesco, that many customers are being very aggressive towards them about following the spacing and direction rules.
I am afraid that tension is going to cause a lot of friction,it is understandable but not acceptable and ultimately anti-social behaviour will have to be punished. The affluent society has not been totally beneficial. I'm not in the least bit religious but I am aware that the fear of hell and damnation did have its good points.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Agreed. When we left the boat, we only spent a week in the apartment before flying home and that was enough for me, would rather be locked in the boatyard than there. Got a bit upset this afternoon to hear from staff girls in the local Tesco, that many customers are being very aggressive towards them about following the spacing and direction rules.
Graham I am discussed with the behaviour back home and ashame to be British, spitting and coughing we reading about,
And it's just started there, people here in Sicily had to deal with the lock down for weeks now, the super market are still full , the queue out side is done in a very polite way , people stand well away from each other and other then the odd full trolley most are just buying what they need , we now going once a week to top up what we used also going once a week give us the min contact with others , there been around 10 people in front every time and it's taken no more then 20 mins to able to get in , this is a large supermarket but we find the best time to go is late afternoon .

Star-Lord

Visit site
Graham I am discussed with the behaviour back home and ashame to be British, spitting and coughing we reading about,
And it's just started there, people here in Sicily had to deal with the lock down for weeks now, the super market are still full , the queue out side is done in a very polite way , people stand well away from each other and other then the odd full trolley most are just buying what they need , we now going once a week to top up what we used also going once a week give us the min contact with others , there been around 10 people in front every time and it's taken no more then 20 mins to able to get in , this is a large supermarket but we find the best time to go is late afternoon .
I think I will become Italian.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site

You have to remember that many of the British have very different and selfish attitude to life than most continental countries, just look at he binge drinking behaviour and fighting with police on Friday and Saturday nights, we never see that behaviour in Portugal except by some nationalities of tourists in the cheaper resorts. Tesco here have imposed restriction on numbers in the store and one way traffic down the isles, with reminders about spacing and one at a time at checkout, all very sensible for most people. All trolleys are disinfected between customers. Funny thing is, bog rolls are still scarce but plenty of food on the shelves.

25 min queue at Boots pharmacy but wife says plenty of friendly banter. I'm puzzled, why are pharmacies suddenly so busy when there's no preventative medicine for the virus? Two days wait for prescription to be filled.

Just_sayin'

Arrived. But thinking of a bit more east.
Visit site

Definitely only in the UK.

Except for France.

Police union says UK officers could stop Covid-19 lockdown checks

(forget the headline, that's wrong, the article is correct)

Angers. Il crache sur les policiers : « J’ai le coronavirus »

Un homme crache sur huit policiers à Millau : le représentant d'Alliance Police Nationale en appelle au député

Aveyron. Il crache sur des policiers qui terminent en confinement -

Un homme écope de 8 mois de prison ferme pour avoir craché sur des policiers en disant avoir le coronavirus

Oh and I've just remembered the French Nutella Crisis of 2018

Discounted Nutella causes chaos in French supermarkets – video

Last edited:

Kelpie

Visit site
I'm crossing my fingers that the lockdown is buying time to increase testing and, crucially, to get the antibody tests up and running. Those will change everything.

cherod

Visit site
I'm crossing my fingers that the lockdown is buying time to increase testing and, crucially, to get the antibody tests up and running. Those will change everything.
what would change everything is if they would use the cures already proven , there is plenty about it , but not in MSM

Star-Lord

Visit site
The Wildings are still alive! After trying to fit their new diesel heating system... back a few episodes for that one..

cherod

Visit site
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. I am all ears.
sorry , i am not good with links ,, i will look at some and try to get some leads for you ( you could check the Audi TT forum and look under conoravirus thread , lots of leads and links there ) ,, i am surprised that yu have not heard of the French tests ,, but not widely reported