RJ Perkins & Son Whitsable

Wells Boi

Visit site
Thank you Maxc35 Very interesting info If you have anything else Do please post esp re any plans .
I had some bad news last week when we vistited Remus and found him is a bad way .Its Deck has sunk and water has ingressed from the top as no hatch covers but i think the hull is still sound as when at low tide and no water the water in the hull is still holding in
esp as i had been told that the new owner was going to restore him.I have later found out that it was given to someone else for free and he now is going to move Remus and restore him Lets hope that this will happen ?

Attachments

• rsz_p1060576_2.jpg
    rsz_p1060576_2.jpg
    813.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Wells Boi

Visit site
Maxc35 There is a Number carved into the front cabin beam .What would it be ref for

Attachments

• rsz_p1060581_2 (2).jpg
    rsz_p1060581_2 (2).jpg
    603.1 KB · Views: 12

Wells Boi

Visit site
Dad told me she was built by ARP, I checked the Association boat list, interestingly they dont currently list her builder but two other similar age 18's are listed as ARP built. Wouldnt surprise me if there was some confusion. Would need to see a builders plate to be sure this remote in time.
Builders plate ? Remus has this carved into the beams

Attachments

• rsz_p1060581_2 (2).jpg
    rsz_p1060581_2 (2).jpg
    603.1 KB · Views: 4

Maxc35

Visit site
The number is the regestery number also there should be a number in tons as well ,this has nothing to do with the displesment of the vessel it is a measure of the volume of the hold.The tool used was a two ft rule marked as 10 to the ft it also had marked on the center hinge the degrees for measuring field of vision of the navigation lights.

Wells Boi

Visit site
The number is the regestery number also there should be a number in tons as well ,this has nothing to do with the displesment of the vessel it is a measure of the volume of the hold.The tool used was a two ft rule marked as 10 to the ft it also had marked on the center hinge the degrees for measuring field of vision of the navigation lights.
Do you know any people that worked there as id like pics esp of the tramson and how it was built.Thee a guy on Whistable & tankerton fb page that said he worked on them but hasnt got any picx

Maxc35

Visit site
Do you know any people that worked there as id like pics esp of the tramson and how it was built.Thee a guy on Whistable & tankerton fb page that said he worked on them but hasnt got any picx
As far as I know except for Jean West I am the last man standing who was working at R.J.Perkins at the time that they built.