ott restaurant at Bourne End

Brayman

Visit site
We ate there in January for my daughter's birthday and thought the food was very good. The servcie was reasonable, the main complaint being that even though the restauarant was fairly empty they seated everyone in very close proximity so by the end of the evening even though it was only about one third full we were all crammed together.
No draught bitter but the bottled Rebellion was excellent.
No good for mooring though surprisingly!

theguvnor

Visit site
The OTT is a bit Ho Hum as far as eateries go. I may be a bit biased as anyone from our Marina (half a mile away) has to deny he is at Cookham as when OTT first opened a delegation from the Marina dined there.

Unfortunatley one of the relaxed diners tried to convince us that a Flaming Sambucca can be drunk whilst alight.

After losing his eyebrows, eyelashes & nostril hair he droped the drink & set light to the table cloth which instigated the sprinklers.

We were asked to leave

Chris_d

Visit site
The Bounty is a complete dive and the food is.. well just food. However I love the place, its got more atmosphere than a lot of places on the river, and its one of the few places you can moor almost next to the bar. Try reading all the autographed photos on the wall, some really famous names got stoned there in the sixties, then fell in the river /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

byron

RIP
Visit site
The Bounty (when it was Captain Hooks) was owned by a dude who just had hooks instead of hands. This bloke was a real card and was great with kids. He would scare them witless if they didn't behave. Mine loved him because they thought he was a pirate. He and I have been legless many a time.

Elessar

Visit site
Totally agree - the bounty is what it is, but I love going there.

I've found the service excellent and the food good at OTT, and the location is lovely.

But there is one of my top 10 anywhere restaurants not far away, only 5 mins walk from the river a little downstream in the same reach - Malik's in Cookham high st.

spinreach

Visit site
Agree with Elessar on both OTT and Maliks. In addition to Maliks the Cookham Tandoori (opposite side of high st to maliks at the end of the high st) is also an excellent Indian; contemporary decor and very fresh tasting food. Also the Ferry at Cookham bridge is supposedly ok food (pizza / pasta type), but it does have a mooring right outside. First come first served I think on that, but you could always raft alongside someone if already berthed there - that may cause a stir!

Richard Shead

Slipped Anchor
Visit site
The Bounty that was it, always used to stop there on the way back from Henley, after a good session there it made going under cookham look cut bridge that little bit easer...

Mad place big burgers served on slabs of wood....

teddington_lock

Visit site
Rich , do you remember one year we got invited down there by some nut job at Henley ?

As per usual , when the date got near , everyone blew it out /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

When are you dropping the flag over at the lock for Jaws ?

nickcred

Visit site
We love the Bounty a nice spit and sawdust pub, food is average but always found staff and landlady very amusing.

We often stay at the Marina on our way up river and they are nice guys, showers are not great but a good place to stop for stocking up on more beer and wine, village has everything you need.

Not dined in OTT thats on the list for this year, menu looked good last season and can get very busy in the summer.