Antifoul stripper?

Tim Good

Visit site
See attached photo. You can see the grey layer of gel shield and a thin layer of antifoul around it.

I want to copper coat but it seems a little ott to have it sand blasted when there is such a thin layer of antifoul. Has anyone experience of an antifoul stripper that would make light work of the remaining antifoul that is there?

It’s a big boat so scraping it all by hand will be a little laborious.

Attachments

• IMG_1354.jpeg
    IMG_1354.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 2

Tranona

Visit site
Any chemical stripper will be just as much hard work as scraping, more messy and likely ineffective. The only proper preparation for Coppercoat when you have residual antifoul is blasting. The biggest cause of problems with CC is poor preparation and application.

bluerm166

Visit site
Try a sample kit of Peelaway stripper on your particular antifouling.I found that it softened many thick layers which could then be lifted off in strips and collected on a tarp without undue effort so although expensive was preferable to working inch by inch with brute force.The stripper works under a polythene poultice left overnight and then dries to a peelable layer.
If blasting is recommended to effectively abrade the surface then I would do that instead.