Liveaboard Blogs and Websites

BigART

Visit site
Do It's Circumnavigation - almost there

Angus and Ruth have been updating www.doitcruise.info each month since leaving the UK in April 2005, on their 12.5m steel cutter "Do It". The circumnavigation has taken in 45+ countries so far. Currently in Mauritius, and planning to be back in the UK in 2012.

phanakapan

Visit site
Not much on our blog yet...

..but then we've only been away for 4 days! We've just set off for a planned 2 year cruise: who knows where we'll end up but we've got the charts for a circumnavigation.

Blog as per my signature- the entries with the interesting spelling are Kevins!

Conachair

Visit site
..but then we've only been away for 4 days! We've just set off for a planned 2 year cruise: who knows where we'll end up but we've got the charts for a circumnavigation.

Blog as per my signature- the entries with the interesting spelling are Kevins!

Lovely looking boat, I'm too jealous, enjoy it all. :)

2 years, eh? See you in a decade or so then... ;)

BirvidikBob

Wandering around the Med (currently Malta)
www.sailblogs.com
Neither use nor ornament

We've been living aboard since 2005 and have only managed to get as far as Turkey.

Please rest assured that

www.sailblogs.com/member/birvidik

is of absolutely no practical use whatsoever.

See - I'm so bloody useless that I can't even make the url appear as a link.
edit - oops! seems to have made it a link all by itself.

Last edited:

auditdata

www.sephina.org
Hits....

I read on another post that a few had given up posting on blogs because of the lack of readers. Interestingly I think people tend to exaggerate the number of hits on sites. Google analytics is a good way of keeping track of the activity on your blogs. Enclosed is an activity report for www.sephina.org
It definitely shows increased activity after a post on PBO forum but is not the hundreds a day you hear about. Also most of the activity is from the UK which is predictable. My wife says the site is boring! A bit too techi. I do follow a couple of recent adventures and the style of writing is a great draw. The OP's site is often a hoot and worth a read.

annclough

www.moonlightadventure.co.uk
We left Portsmouth 2 years ago on board Moonlight, our Vancouver 36 and have been exploring the Caribbean and Bahamas for the past 18 months (as far south as Grenada).

Moonlight is currently on the hard in Marsh Harbour in the Abacos (NW Bahamas) - which took a direct hit from hurricane Irene and we are still waiting for news but havn't been able to contact the boatyard so far.....

Our website is www.moonlightadventure.co.uk and is mainly about the great places we have seen, great (and occasionally odd) people we have met and the occasional dollop of seasickness!

CodStewart

Visit site
Angus and Ruth have been updating www.doitcruise.info each month since leaving the UK in April 2005, on their 12.5m steel cutter "Do It". The circumnavigation has taken in 45+ countries so far. Currently in Mauritius, and planning to be back in the UK in 2012.

Nice boat!
By the way, I have an Ozzy friend in Mauritius, jailed for 30 years in 2005 for smuggling heroin (she was set up by some Kenyans). Fancy making her day?

rogerthebodger

Visit site

If you go via South Africa (Durban or Richards Bay) do look us up as we are currently in Durban for a while.

Roger & Carol Shaw

SV Distant Shaws.

kalessin

kalessin-of-orwell.blogspot.com
We don't live on Kalessin but spend as much time cruising as finances and family permit. I work as a contractor or consultant, Sam [@Samwise] is nominally retired although currently he's doing more work than I am.

The blog covers our 2006-8 trip round France, Portugal and Spain and back through the French canals, a couple of summers in the Netherlands, and our current adventures in the Baltic.

Last week we had the very great pleasure of meeting up with a would-be Baltic sailor who knew about us only through the blog. We get a modest level of hits, mostly from family, friends and colleagues, but occasionally those who come across the blog while doing research.

I think it would be worth doing if even if I was the only reader, as it encourages me to keep a diary of our cruises. In addition this summer my father hasn't been very well, and I know it has given him a lot of pleasure to keep up with our posts - and in return I have made a point of posting almost every day.

http://kalessin-of-orwell.blogspot.com

goosewing

Visit site
Ramblings of my adventures as a liveaboard over the last 2-3 years. I'll be updating when i get the time as i'm a bit behind. New adventure starting in October so hope to keep a log of that too. :) Blog address below.

syfuga

www.syfuga.co.uk
Fuga

The website deals with life aboard Fuga, a Dehler 41 deck saloon, over a period of 8 years, and includes a daily log, descriptions of places visited, details of the boat, and 'reflections' about life on board.

Countries visited, since leaving the UK in 2004, are France, Spain, Portugal, Gibraltar, Morocco (Mellila and Ceuta only), Sardinia, Tunisia, Italy mainland, Croatia, Greece, Turkey and Cyprus.

Now returning to the UK via the Azores in 2012..

http://www.syfuga.co.uk

malds

Visit site
I am 28 and have been sailing for a year on a sexy Contessa 32, only made it as far as the Canaries, however I am leaving for Gambia in the next week, then across the pond to S America, debating going South or North at that point.

Http://therebepirates.com

nicholat

www.yachtemerald.com
We love reading other sailing blogs so its good to add a few more to the list. I've found lots of useful advice from others who have been to an area that you can't get from a pilot book.

We've now got a few friends in the 'virtual' world who we've made from them reading our blog, hopefully when we get to their neck of the woods we'll get to meet them in person. That makes it worth writing the occasional blog updates, plus it acts like a diary for ourselves of what we have done.

We have two web sites, the first for our blogs that have covered sailing along the south coast from Brighton to Falmouth and back (2009), the western Baltic, Caledonian Canal and UK west coast in 2010 and this year's trip round the top of the UK to the Orkneys and down the east coast:
http://www.sailblogs.com/member/yachtemerald/

and the second (which will be getting a revamp some time soon) where there is a bit more about the boat and us and where we post updates about some of the major jobs we have done to Emerald:
http://www.yachtemerald.com