Liveaboard Blogs and Websites

Goodhind

www.jggoodhind.co.uk
From a broad off abroad

Just a question, has anyone actually been asked for an ICC? We used to wander the Med on our Bavaria 44 and was never asked for one. (Not that we have one anyway) As I understand it if there is no requirement in the country of registration, then it cannot be demanded. Is that right?
We've been landlocked for three years but are off in the spring in our new (Old) boat, an Oyster 46.

southace

Visit site
My home

I have been aboard my 37ft Duncanson for 5 years making my way around Australia......at present Im in QLD working as a skipper and saving for the next 30months ready for my first true ocean crossing to the Pacific.

Conachair

Visit site
Just a question, has anyone actually been asked for an ICC? We used to wander the Med on our Bavaria 44 and was never asked for one. (Not that we have one anyway) As I understand it if there is no requirement in the country of registration, then it cannot be demanded. Is that right?
We've been landlocked for three years but are off in the spring in our new (Old) boat, an Oyster 46.

Been discussed plenty on here before.... ;) Search engine not that great here though, there's a better way with google..
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site:www.ybw.com+ +icc+required

Goodhind

www.jggoodhind.co.uk
making a living

It's really interesting, and frequently inspiring, reading these blogs. But I have to say that I, as someone who aspires to living abord and cruising, would really rerally like to know how everyone manages to make a living at the same time as living this way !

Being a writer with contracts, I suppose I'm lucky. Thank God for email, a generator and an inverter. I'm looking forward to sitting in a bay with my laptop, a glass of wine and wearing as little clothing as possible! The state pension comes in handy too.

Goodhind

www.jggoodhind.co.uk
Coming home

Ramblings of my adventures as a liveaboard over the last 2-3 years. I'll be updating when i get the time as i'm a bit behind. New adventure starting in October so hope to keep a log of that too. :) Blog address below.

Loved your blog, but wow, did it make me envious! Can't wait to get going. Even leaving Ipswich and staying in Falmouth until the spring is going to be hell. Can't wait to get back to the Med, especially the Ionian - favourite place of all. So impressed (especially with the size of those jars of honey) have subscribed to your blog.
best wishes, Jean Goodhind.
www.jggoodhind.co.uk
:cool:

demonboy

www.youtube.com
Hey ya'll.

Our blog is www.followtheboat.com and we sail an Oyster 435 ketch cutter coach-roofed version. However, as our strapline says, 'tales (not just) from the high seas'.

It took me all of five minutes to realise 99% of my readers don't care what direction the wind came from or how many revs I was doing when I crash gybed. Most of my readers won't even know or care what a gybe is.

Far more interesting are the people we meet and the places we go, which is why our sailing blog moved to become a travelogue, covering our escapades on land as well as at sea.

We get 3,000 unique visitors a day.

demonboy

www.youtube.com
Facebook and Twitter are not blogs, but if your friends/family/fans use these then they're a fun way of staying in touch. Also, because your friends are used to these interfaces they may prefer to stay in touch via these channels. But...

For true blogging power the best solution is to go down the Wordpress route. www.wordpress.com will host your blog for you whilst www.wordpress.org is the self-hosted version, which I use (I have three Wordpress-powered websites, all completely customised).

Apart from its extremely easy-to-use wysiwyg interface, it is html/xml/css compliant (so no page load errors and nice clean coding that makes page loading fast and compatible with all browsers) and is geared towards effective SEO (search engine optimisation). The other powerful feature is the thousands of plug-in available to sex-up your blog. Support is excellent and free too.

I've been advising Nostradamus on the switch to Wordpress and cannot emphasise enough how easy and powerful Wordpress is. Try www.wordpress.com to start with and, if you like it, consider the switch to a self-hosted version.

BobCooper

www.freewebs.com
Yanina of Bosham

We've lived aboard for about seven years, and have finally decided to become dirtdwellers again. In that time we've visited the Med as far east as Turkey, the Atlantic coast of Morocco, the Canaries, Senegal and the Gambia river. From there we crossed the Atlantic to Trinidad, then sailed up the island chain as far as Dominica. We used a delivery skipper last spring to get Yanina back to Le Havre, then took her down the French canals as far as St Jean de Losne near Dijon, where she lies in a marina. We are now in sunny Yorkshire. There are seven years worth of newsletters for anyone who's interested, and I'd be happy to answer any questions from other liveaboards.

ukmctc

out cruising, sailing around UK and Europe
Visit site
Hi all, I have only just begun to sail over the last few years. I decided to circumnavigate the UK and learn to sail before I set off across to the US and home to NewZealand (wife 's a Kiwi).
I have a web site on Yahoo Groups "Boatingdreams" it tells our story as we bob along.
If you have a real interest in selling up and sailing off, then you might be interested in my book, you can buy it on Amazon in Kindle format "Boatingdreams".

Boatingdreams 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

1 is starting up and setting off
2 is the east coast from Tollesbury Essex to Ipswich Suffolk
3 is the east coast Suffolk to Inverness Including the Caledonian Canal
4 is the east coast Inverness to Shetland via Orkney and Fair Isle
5 is the Scottish north coast and down the west coast (Shetland to Carrickfergus NI via Cape Wrath)

The books are done in sections to make it easier and more interesting, and because Kindle can't cope with the large number of photo's.

I hope you all visit us and get the books, and hope to see you all out there.

Rhi

Visit site
And Another!!

I have just joined the Forum and thought adding our blog details was a good way to introduce ourselves. We have found other people's sites provide great information and took notes from many of them before we set off on our own adventure.

People from all over the world send us comments on our posts and we have had almost 25,000 hits in the last year but we don't know how they stumble across the site!

We left the UK on our Beneteau 473 in June last year to join the ARC and sail the Caribbean for a few years until we decide if we want to carry on into the Pacific. No plans to return to work though :)

www.beyzano.com